Push or Fold for MTT via ICM Trainer?

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Is there any way to use PokerStrategy ICM Trainer to set it to just go off chipEV so you can practice your multi table tournament push or fold stages by it or do I need to get SnG Wizard or some other software instead?
  • 3 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      PokerTracker 4's IQM Quiz can be defined to run using a 9 player table using a winner take all structure. This should simulate the situation you are looking to create. PokerTracker 4 allows up to 9 opponents in simulation (10 player table), you can create you own custom payout structures, and f you want to create or modify your own opponent models then you can also chose which hand range model you wish to use, or create your own. This is what makes PT4's ICM sim tools the most powerful solution currently integrated in a tracker. Our ICM tools also power the Net Adjusted Winnings graph in PT4, and can suport 'exotic' formats such as double or nothings, 50-50s, and rebuys.

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Yeah I've got PokerTracker 4 (and PT3), the crappy thing is my computer has 1gb of ram, and every time I run PT4 I get a popup saying I need 1gb or more of ram, but apparently exactly 1gb is not enough since when I open it, the program freezes and crashes, one day I will get more compatible ram, but already got some earlier, and like 1 of the 6 or whatever ram specifications was ever so slightly different and of course prevented the computer from running at all :facepalm:

Till that day, does anyone know if Pokerstrategy ICM Trainer set to 6max table with all 6 people there will be roughly the same as chipEV, or will ICM dictate that getting eliminated in 6th place is much worse than doubling up with 6 players there and subsequently suggest a tighter than optimal range for the push or fold 6max MTT stage?
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by metza
      Yeah I've got PokerTracker 4 (and PT3), the crappy thing is my computer has 1gb of ram, and every time I run PT4 I get a popup saying I need 1gb or more of ram, but apparently exactly 1gb is not enough since when I open it, the program freezes and crashes, one day I will get more compatible ram, but already got some earlier, and like 1 of the 6 or whatever ram specifications was ever so slightly different and of course prevented the computer from running at all :facepalm:
      The minimum system requirement to use PokerTracker 4 is an Intel Core 2 Duo (or AMD equivalent) processor with 3GB of RAM. This is not an optimal situation, but it will work for most basic users without any issues. You really should consider getting more RAM (or a new computer) when it is possible, as of Windows Vista 2 Gigabytes of ram is a little slim, the operating system has become optimized to take advantage of more Ram to improve performance.

Recommended: Modern quad-core processor with 4GB of RAM or greater. This includes the Intel Core 2 Quad and Intel Core i3, i5, and i7 processor lines (or their equivalent AMD processors).

Optimal: Intel Core i5 or i7 multi-core 64-bit processor with 8GB of RAM or greater.

Not Recommended: Intel Pentium 4, Atom or other low power processors such as ARM.

This performance guide for Vista gives you some insights into Ram usage by the operating system. I am using Vista as the baseline for this post only because it old (2 updates since then) and it was the beginning of the need for 2Gigs or more to operate comfortably. We need 3 gigs of Ram because PostgreSQL can be a ram hog.. PokerTracker itself rarely goes above 200 Megs in use. http://www.anandtech.com/show/2163/3