[NL2-NL10] NL2SH Zoom ATs

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      MP2 is a complete fish. His WTSD is over 50% and his VPIP/PFR is 48/30.
      MP3 is loosish preflop at 30/20 but with a high 3b of 16%.

I cold call the tiny 3 bet because I have a very playable hand ip against a fish and a badish player. I figure if I hit I am going to get paid.

MP3 then proceeds to barrel large on the flop. This feels like a large bet with AK with the A of h or something like 99-77. I call to re-evaluate on the turn. MP2 comes along as expected.

The turn is basically the 5th best card in the deck for me. At this point my thinking is MP3s chances of having AA just went way down, and he more likely has AK with that bet size. Sometimes he will have KK-JJ and will make a scared bet on the turn. MP2 probubly calls to see a turn with any pair on the flop.

I decided to shove over the MP3 bet as I want to give a bad price for one heart hands to call. Surprisingly I get snapped off by both.

Thoughts on hand?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

BU (Hero):
      $4.33
      BB:
      $3.13
      MP2:
      $2.81
      MP3:
      $4.83
      CO:
      $0.86

Preflop: Hero is BU with T, A.
      MP2 raises to $0.04, MP3 raises to $0.12, CO folds, Hero calls $0.12, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.38) 3, T, 7 (3 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32, MP2 calls $0.32.

Turn: ($1.34) A (3 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 bets $1.04, Hero raises to $3.89(All-In), MP2 calls $2.37(All-In), MP3 calls $2.85.

River: ($11.49) 9 (3 players)

Final Pot: $11.49.
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Verre,

Preflop: The only reason you should be calling here is because you are against a weaker player who is also deep. 100bb stacks against regulars it might be better to fold preflop.

Flop: When MP3 pots this flop multiway there is a pretty decent chance your TPTK is behind your opponent's range. He very likely wants a call if he has any clue about how MP2 is playing.

When playing deep you are not looking to flop weakish top pair hands like this, you are looking to make straights/flushes. The turn and river cards are going to be so bad for you so often; you suffer from a lot of reverse implied odds here. I don't mind a fold.

It's debatable if your opponent is even cbetting with AK when MP2 is always calling or whether only just flush-draws, overpairs, and sets.

Turn: It may seem like a good card for you, but in reality it isn't. Not only does it complete a flush-draw but it makes getting called by a worse hand really unlikely when you shove here. MP3 bets big, presumably expecting MP2 to call - at the very least MP3 is likely to have a set, often a flush. Maybe once in a while he does have a hand that he is misplaying like KK, but it is unlikely he is going to stick another 140bb blind in with this hand.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Yeah in the end mp3 had AK but it was mp2 that showed up with 73h and scooped the pot.

In hindsight should have been a fold pre or on the flop.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Verre
      Yeah in the end mp3 had AK but it was mp2 that showed up with 73h and scooped the pot.

In hindsight should have been a fold pre or on the flop.
      Not sure I like MP3s play that much. Did he have K?

Btw, I guess you don't mean 7:h3 because 3 is on the flop?