This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [NL2 SH] 99 top set

• vilistaja
      vilistaja
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $0.92
      MP: $1.62 Based on stack size and 18 hands fishy player but that's about it.
      CO: $0.63
      BTN: $0.67 Weak-Tight
      Hero (SB): $2.00
      BB: $2.29

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has 9:club: 9:diamond:

fold, MP calls $0.02, fold, BTN calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, MP calls $0.08, BTN calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.32, 3 players) 5:heart: 3:diamond: 9:spade:
      Hero checks, MP checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.32, 3 players) A:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP checks, BTN bets $0.18, Hero ...

Main question here is how to get max value here, OOP, very dry board and with top set?
      While playing that hand i thought that nobody will call me if i cbet there, thay just can't have anything. Now posting it hand i think it is a Cbet, because PP can call there, some broadways will call i think. Size of Cbet could be around half pot like 16-18c.

About turn play, i don't know what will be the best play and what could be the plan for river.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi vilistaja,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: As you mentioned your best play here would be to cbet small, around half pot. Both MP and BTN can still call with a wider range and there are still some draws that they can call with like A4/A2, 78, 67, etc.

As played I would ck/raise enough to put BTN in and if MP has a draw or Ax he isn't folding.