[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 AJs 15-01-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $2.66 (53.2 bb)
      UTG: $1.61 (32.2 bb)
      Hero (MP): $3.58 (71.6 bb)
      CO: $0.38 (7.6 bb)
      BTN: $2.97 (59.4 bb)
      SB: $2.62 (52.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A J
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BTN calls $0.20, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.47) K 5 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, BTN calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.17) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.87, BTN raises to $1.74, Hero folds

Flop:
      I bet to get him to fold here, K being scare card, had some backdoors as well.
      Bet might be .17c here ormaybe smaller their stack sizes aren't full :f_cry:

Turn:
      Same story, SD possibility, however I think I have to fold here, as he raises me?
      Can't really stack him here would be meeting alot of PP, Kx hands, Should my bet sizes have been a tad smaller given his stack size?

Sidenote:
      And can see to my annoyment that again the software didn't top me up grrr :f_mad:
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Resilence,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: the flop bet is fine given our hand but I don't like the turn bet and size given villains stack and the actual turn card.

Do you think that 3 improves or reduces our FE?
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I guess it worsens against hands like A6, A2 or other connectors igf he choce to play them, villain is unknown (fishy) and I guess his range is that wide :f_cry:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Resilence
      I guess it worsens against hands like A6, A2 or other connectors igf he choce to play them, villain is unknown (fishy) and I guess his range is that wide :f_cry:
      Also, how about hands like pairs, draws? Do they improve or become weaker?
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Well if he doesn't belive me having a king, then obviously it changes for the worse.
      And some draws might continue to the river, and I wouldn't know if I have the better.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Well if he doesn't belive me having a king, then obviously it changes for the worse.
      And some draws might continue to the river, and I wouldn't know if I have the better.
      Well, the idea is that this small card does not change much on the board so 1p hands are still almost the same as on the flop. So we don't gain FE versus them.

So your turn bet will rarely get him to fold a better hand. It's mostly to get him to fold some floats, random cards which we don't know if he has.