[NL2-NL10] KQ in bad position

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I'm playing fullstacked, it just didn't rebuy before this hand obviously.
      no hud but:
      utg is tag-rockish with tendency of playing fit or fold,
      bb likes to float wide but doesn't go broke easily.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($7.75)
      BB ($13.15)
      UTG ($21.94)
      UTG+1 ($4.53)
      CO ($3.51)
      BTN ($2.57)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: K:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) T:club: 4:heart: Q:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $0.45, UTG calls $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

TURN ($2.25) T:club: 4:heart: Q:club: 8:spade:

Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

RIVER ($6.75) T:club: 4:heart: Q:club: 8:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $3.37, Hero folds, BB folds

UTG wins $6.30

Preflop: having in mind I know utg's range is not wide I should probably fold. I was sure bb is coming to the party too.

Flop: no other moves are good here I think.

Turn: I dislike my play. My thought process was to bet to fold draws and also to show strength (overplaying my vulnerable hand?). When I see 2 calls I pretty much give up.

River: I was thinking about bet/folding but against two opp there is no way I'm getting called with anything worse, only 1 hand - QJ.

Is better line to just c/c flop and turn and evaluate on the river and just c/f? It seems very weak but even AQ beats us.
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

So against a taggy UTG raiser I'm never calling here KQo OOP - I'd rather 3bet as a bluff or just fold.

We could consider leading on the flop since I don't expect UTG to bluff here + we can get called by BB.

On the turn I prefer check/folding.
      UTG's range is quite strong here, so we are mostly crushed by him and also we have a player behind.

As played on the turn, I like check/folding the river.
      I doubt that worse hands would call here if we bet, neither those will bet if we check.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      You don't use hud ??

Pre
      I would either fold or 3b/f if he only plays nuts but even 3b bluff is close if he has 10% range and only continues 2,5% we making him fold 75% of the time +- other players might have something to say about that. if he plays 7,5-8% i would fold.

Flop

I would initially plan to c/c but once that half pot hits and utg just calls you should raise/fold for value.

As played i would fold to turn utg least have a kq, and j9 draw got there.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      You don't use hud ??
      I'm having some problems with HM so it doesn't work for speed. So I only color note while playing and if I notice some player tendencies from analyzing after sessions I try to remember.

Originally posted by DracsharpPre
      I would either fold or 3b/f if he only plays nuts but even 3b bluff is close if he has 10% range and only continues 2,5% we making him fold 75% of the time +- other players might have something to say about that. if he plays 7,5-8% i would fold.
      I don't like 3b pre because people like to call too much and our hand is quite bad against him. I understand that most of our value comes from fold equity but still I don't see players having wider utg range on NL10.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      You shouldn't play speed, most of our edge comes from knowing and correctly playing against their stat. I find it much better to sit in on a good table and gather hands.