This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQ in bad position

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I'm playing fullstacked, it just didn't rebuy before this hand obviously.
      no hud but:
      utg is tag-rockish with tendency of playing fit or fold,
      bb likes to float wide but doesn't go broke easily.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($7.75)
      BB ($13.15)
      UTG ($21.94)
      UTG+1 ($4.53)
      CO ($3.51)
      BTN ($2.57)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: K:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) T:club: 4:heart: Q:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $0.45, UTG calls $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

TURN ($2.25) T:club: 4:heart: Q:club: 8:spade:

Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50, UTG calls $1.50

RIVER ($6.75) T:club: 4:heart: Q:club: 8:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $3.37, Hero folds, BB folds

UTG wins $6.30

Preflop: having in mind I know utg's range is not wide I should probably fold. I was sure bb is coming to the party too.

Flop: no other moves are good here I think.

Turn: I dislike my play. My thought process was to bet to fold draws and also to show strength (overplaying my vulnerable hand?). When I see 2 calls I pretty much give up.

River: I was thinking about bet/folding but against two opp there is no way I'm getting called with anything worse, only 1 hand - QJ.

Is better line to just c/c flop and turn and evaluate on the river and just c/f? It seems very weak but even AQ beats us.
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

So against a taggy UTG raiser I'm never calling here KQo OOP - I'd rather 3bet as a bluff or just fold.

We could consider leading on the flop since I don't expect UTG to bluff here + we can get called by BB.

On the turn I prefer check/folding.
      UTG's range is quite strong here, so we are mostly crushed by him and also we have a player behind.

As played on the turn, I like check/folding the river.
      I doubt that worse hands would call here if we bet, neither those will bet if we check.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      You don't use hud ??

Pre
      I would either fold or 3b/f if he only plays nuts but even 3b bluff is close if he has 10% range and only continues 2,5% we making him fold 75% of the time +- other players might have something to say about that. if he plays 7,5-8% i would fold.

Flop

I would initially plan to c/c but once that half pot hits and utg just calls you should raise/fold for value.

As played i would fold to turn utg least have a kq, and j9 draw got there.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      You don't use hud ??
      I'm having some problems with HM so it doesn't work for speed. So I only color note while playing and if I notice some player tendencies from analyzing after sessions I try to remember.

Originally posted by DracsharpPre
      I would either fold or 3b/f if he only plays nuts but even 3b bluff is close if he has 10% range and only continues 2,5% we making him fold 75% of the time +- other players might have something to say about that. if he plays 7,5-8% i would fold.
      I don't like 3b pre because people like to call too much and our hand is quite bad against him. I understand that most of our value comes from fold equity but still I don't see players having wider utg range on NL10.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      You shouldn't play speed, most of our edge comes from knowing and correctly playing against their stat. I find it much better to sit in on a good table and gather hands.