How long this shit gonna last

• CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      I dont know its 5 days and evry fucking day i get min 10 bad beats.I dont knwo what to do should i stop for a week or what i just cant win any hand if they have even a little chance they get their cards on river.
  • 6 replies
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      G'day CimkoPro.

You didn't mention which type of game you play, or anything. My experience is with the SSS, but what I witness there, applies to all games.

You have to remember that poker is a game of both luck, and skill. If there was no luck involved, the little fishes wouldn't play at all, and you wouldn't be able to make any money at all.

Since luck IS a part of the game, you can't win them all, and bad beats will happen. Especially if you're a tight player. If you're getting your money into the middle when you have the best hand, then the only way they can beat you is to bad beat you. You have to learn to accept it.

Taking a break from the game when you're frustrated isn't a bad idea. You can use the time to read books, or study the strategy articles and videos to make sure you're playing well.

Don't forget about the coachings either. Attending these can help improve your game.

Post these bad beats that are happening to you each day, so we can look at them and offer advice. Often times 'bad beats' can be avoided, or minimized by letting go of what you might think is a winning hand, when it's clear you're dominated.

Sometimes they just happen no matter what you do. You can't let it upset you. You need to just realize it's one hand in a lifetime-long game, and say to yourself 'that's poker' and move on to the next hand without letting that last hand affect your judgment.

There is lots of great info here on the site... if you feel you need a break, I'd suggest taking time to expand your knowledge of the game. Not just in times like these, but really, to improve your game, you should set aside a part of every day to review your play, and learn more about the game.

Good skill to you!
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      I dont get frustrated when its one hand but this is too much for me now this is 5th day i started playing and 5th day in a row i get cracked by fishes.
      Today i played 300 hands and stoped,here are some hands out of that 300:
      Hand 1:
      0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K:diamond: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $2,00, UTG+2 calls $2,00, 2 folds, MP3 calls $2,00, 3 folds, BB calls $1,50.

Flop: ($8,25) 5:spade: , J:heart: , 2:diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $8,00 (All-In), UTG+2 raises to $16,00, 2 folds, UTG+2 gets uncalled bet back..

Turn: ($24,25) 6:heart:
      River: ($24,25) A:club:

Final Pot: $24,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kd Kc)
      UTG+2 shows two pairs, aces and jacks (Jc Ah)

UTG+2 wins with two pairs, aces and jacks (Jc Ah)
      Hand 2:

Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , A:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2,50, 4 folds, UTG+2 calls $2,00.

Flop: ($5,75) J:diamond: , A:diamond: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $4,00, UTG+2 raises to $9,00, Hero raises to $6,75 (All-In), UTG+2 gets uncalled bet back..

Turn: ($19,25) 2:diamond:
      River: ($19,25) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $19,25

Hero shows a pair of aces (Qh As)
      UTG+2 shows three of a kind, deuces (2h 2s)

UTG+2 wins with three of a kind, deuces (2h 2s)

Hand 3:this one is only 57% but still i cant win coinflips either

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , J:heart:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0,50, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1,50, CO calls $1,50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $10,00 (All-In), MP1 folds, MP3 calls $8,50, CO folds.

Flop: ($22,25) A:spade: , 6:diamond: , A:diamond:
      Turn: ($22,25) 8:diamond:
      River: ($22,25) 8:club:

Final Pot: $22,25

Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks (Js Jh)
      MP3 shows a full-house, aces full of eights (Qd Ah)

MP3 wins with a full-house, aces full of eights (Qd Ah)

Hand 4:this one isnt bad beat at all but cooler

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:heart: , 4:club:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0,50, 2 folds, SB calls $0,25, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2,00) 6:spade: , 4:diamond: , 4:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,80, UTG+2 calls $0,80, MP3 calls $0,80, SB folds.

Turn: ($4,40) A:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $3,50, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls $3,50.

River: ($11,40) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5,20 (All-In), MP3 calls $5,20.

Final Pot: $21,80

Hero shows three of a kind, fours (7h 4c)
      MP3 shows a full-house, sixes full of fours (6d 6h)

MP3 wins with a full-house, sixes full of fours (6d 6h)

And i play sss
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I use TAF to recover from bad beats...
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      I didn't really see anything wrong with those hands. Hand 4 is a situation I just hate. You've got a set on a paired board after a freeplay... it just seems to get me into trouble all the time.

The other hands.. ouch. Can't say anything other than "it happens".

However, in those situations, most of the time you're going to come out ahead.. so just keep playing well, making the right decisions, it will turn around.

I completely feel your frustration. I had a 40k hand downswing in June, so trust me, I feel your pain. Just play your best game, it'll work out.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      i know how you feel.
      i was recently in a similar situation which for now has turned around,
      theres always something just round the corner in poker.

i know its hard but you have to stick with it. from what iv seen you've played the hands well.

you have to take the positives and keep playing you best game, things will turn around!
      remember and keep emphizising "making correct dessisions over making money".
      try to densitise yourself from your money aswell. The more you let "another pot lost" get to you it will destroy you mentally even more.

if needs be listen to music when you play. it helps give you a bit of distance from the game.

good luck!
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      I compensated all those bad beats with one mtt tour :D
      Check it here in success forums:1.1$ mtt tour at pokerstarts