I quit already but wtf am I doing here again...(the story of burned out donkaholic)

• xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Long story short..last time i visited here i was grinding HUSNGs hypers... I did well but...i totally killed every single molecyle of the passion I had for poker. I stayed up too late slept too little worked too much had too many long business trips and cherry on top our 3rd kid saw the light last june...poker just felt shit. Even though i had committed lot of time and had made profits all the way to midstakes HUSNGs..i just collapsed..wanted to bleed my eyes out watching the cards flipflop on my screen...so I quit..cold turkey. Emptied the biddest account and lolbusoted the small bits i had playing HU cash....

Life changed lots of time on the evenings to do stuff i had not done in 3 years since i started poker with more serious attitude. Suddenly all the good times and laughs on Italian pokeridiots at everleaf 4max cash and all the awesome donks at iPoker HUSNGs felt so silly...did some trading and binary options. Ran small online marketing stuff..everything that didnt take too long and never found myself at 4am playing still with 2h to go till i had to get up for work.

Did some sportsbetting too and its good fun too after i found a food tips source. I didnt miss poker AT ALL! But...

...on december i Got email from PP and it said that they miss me and I should be at the party and feel it...so they had given me a free $5 stake. On new year after everyone had gone to bed i reinstalled PP and went to look around...I suddenly felt like I had come home...scary. Decided that i will just not get lured in again and I will proove that by playing the biggest leaking game i have in NL format FR SNGs. i opened up 2 tables...SNAP

Now my roll sits at $28 and I feel great (though I did buy $10 with my PPs). I even tried to go busto playing PLO sngs but like magic stayed on profit. So now with 28bi I have decided I will give these FR SNGs a go with what I have.

I will make goals too..
      Long term.
      1.Stop and walk away if the candle starts burning from both ends again.
      2. Stop@busto
      3. Buy and read Moshman's sng book (only investment allowed for the project before its payed back with profits)

Short term:
      january 13
      [] have fun
      [x] 200 games
      [] max 4 tables at a time
      very mild goals. No guts and glory shit..been there done that.

Supersekrit goal that really don't matter
      [] out of the micros before 2013

So lets see if i have now learned and rested enough to actually learn these suckers and go where i went with HUSNGs and beyond if possible. Tight is right!

Am gonna reinstall HM2 tonight but will try to concentrate on folding instead..might not even run it yet...dunno..well I'll try update this as often as possible.

Success for all! (unless u mah villain..)
      xIx
  • 20 replies
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      oh totally forgot.
      Post atleast 1 hand to evaluation after each session and more in here. Some difficult ones and some..that I think went well..
    • Hanagis
      Hanagis
      Bronze
      LOVE THE IDEA MAN, IM GONNA COME BACK FROM TIME TO TIME TO SEE HOW UR DOING, GOOD LUCK WITH ALL UR SNGS.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Thanks Hanagis!

I am not totally sure if I love the idea..but it feels so good to be playing again..once Donkaholic always donkaholic I guess..but now woth more casual and upbeat goals I hope this turns good. If not ...so what no investments made ...except Colins book I am about to order.

Also will attend as many coachings as possible. Its a shame I had my PP account from other aff that PS so i will be stuck on bronze untill i make it out to enogh roll to split some to a new PS affiliated site so i get to silver+ videos and coachings open

Or just loldonk to Busto...though after what I have seen the $1 seem just supersoft. One can get to bubble on the turbos by folding :D
    • crashyy
      crashyy
      Bronze
      Welcome back. Hope all goes well this time around.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by crashyy
      Welcome back. Hope all goes well this time around.
      Thanks!
      Well Everything went ok gamewise but I just overgrinded myself to burnout now I have a challenge. A game I love 9-10 SNGs my desire is the MTTSNGs but first I must learn the fullrings

I dunno seems a lot 6max sng grinders in here nowadays...did something happen in the 7 months I should know about :D

Well less grinders for me to face on FRs :D
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      You were also from Finnish community, right? :) Hope you will be more active there too. :f_grin:
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      WOw nice NutzAreOk mr admin nowadays..I bow to you :f_eek: apparently you are doing well

tru tru..Just that IIRC the SNG forums here are tad more active..thus I came here even without looking :f_p: maybe i should run a blog in there too :D

Anywhooo got another nice stake to ongame..I had forgotten how easy it is in pokerworld to get some free monies... :D

So now I am running this thing both on PP and RK

Here are some hands

3rd hand...when the steal hits a monster..

On Game, $1 Buy-in (15/30 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 10 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: 1,730 (57.7 bb)
      UTG: 1,630 (54.3 bb)
      UTG+1: 1,500 (50 bb)
      UTG+2: 1,500 (50 bb)
      MP1: 1,500 (50 bb)
      MP2: 1,500 (50 bb)
      MP3: 1,200 (40 bb)
      Hero (CO): 1,490 (49.7 bb)
      BTN: 1,470 (49 bb)
      SB: 1,480 (49.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J J
      5 folds, MP3 calls 30, Hero raises to 90, BTN folds, SB raises to 225, BB raises to 360, MP3 folds, Hero raises to 1,490 and is all-in, SB calls 1,255 and is all-in, BB calls 1,130

Flop: (4,490) K Q K (3 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: (4,490) J (3 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: (4,490) T (3 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      4,490 pot
      Final Board: K Q K J T
      BB showed A A and won 4,490 (3,000 net)
      Hero showed J J and lost (-1,490 net)
      SB showed 9 K and lost (-1,480 net)

Bubblubg bubbling...
      Was this a herocall from hero

Villain is 16/16 after 66 hands

On Game, $1 Buy-in (200/400 blinds, 40 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 4 Players

SB: 3,370 (8.4 bb)
      BB: 4,422 (11.1 bb)
      MP2: 5,720 (14.3 bb)
      Hero (CO): 1,488 (3.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8 A
      MP2 raises to 5,680 and is all-in, Hero calls 1,448 and is all-in, 2 folds

Flop: (3,656) T 8 4 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: (3,656) 3 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: (3,656) Q (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      3,656 pot
      Final Board: T 8 4 3 Q
      MP2 showed 4 7 and lost (-1,488 net)
      Hero showed 8 A and won 3,656 (2,168 net)

Hyper Turbo 10max ITM...dunno rather tight BB so based upon that

On Game, $1 Buy-in (200/400 blinds, 40 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3 Players

SB: 1,370 (3.4 bb)
      BB: 2,190 (5.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): 1,440 (3.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 2 2
      Hero raises to 1,400 and is all-in, SB folds, BB calls 1,000

Flop: (3,120) 3 8 Q (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (3,120) Q (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (3,120) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      3,120 pot
      Final Board: 3 8 Q Q 6
      BB showed K Q and won 3,120 (1,680 net)
      Hero showed 2 2 and lost (-1,440 net)

continue on next post..too many images from HM HHs
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      5 SNGs..seen them all..monsters

On Game, $1 Buy-in (100/200 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2 Players

BB: 412 (2.1 bb)
      Hero (SB): 2,088 (10.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7 7
      Hero raises to 1,000, BB calls 212 and is all-in

Flop: (824) 7 2 7 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (824) Q (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (824) K (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      824 pot
      Final Board: 7 2 7 Q K
      BB showed 5 3 and lost (-412 net)
      Hero showed 7 7 and won 824 (412 net)

I just like to win with a big FU :D

Now off to bed after i put one hand into the evaluation boards
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xxInspectorxx
      WOw nice NutzAreOk mr admin nowadays..I bow to you :f_eek: apparently you are doing well
      Ty ty :f_cool: I`m doing just fine. :)

tru tru..Just that IIRC the SNG forums here are tad more active..thus I came here even without looking :f_p: maybe i should run a blog in there too :D
      I think you really should. ;)
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Maybe I´ll just do that too :f_biggrin:

Well here is the first evaluation
      AKo Early game

I knew it am leaking..even though am winnign...so the others are leaking moar :D

Tonights one big thing is to create an alias to HM2 for the SNGs I play so they all stack up no matter the site.

And now am already lagging on my 200+ games volume so I have to work on that too. Took too much time to get aquinted to RedKings tables and get all the options and see the different games.

Am thinking about actually trying to run 6 games at a time. But first 2 PP and 2Rk games side by side. Then when comfy again add it to 3PP and 3RK. Lets see how it goes.

The PP SNG scene has picked up after the changes they have made while I was away. Seems lot easier too..but no volume to make any assuptions yet..so untill I learn more about it I´ll treat them as they are.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Gosh
      got so badly sucked into the tables that Iforgot Colins coaching :f_cry: X(

Hand in eval
      $1 Party AKs MP1

$1 Party 6MaxTurbo AKo BB

now at 35 games so am doing ok on the numbers wise for my goal..and stillon profit.

Will post graph on game 50+

Got Collins book though so should be some goo reading ahead.
    • erikosy
      erikosy
      Bronze
      Hi, I was massively burnt out a few years ago, very heavily depressed. It took me maybe 2 years to get over it.

Since, I got hold of a copy of The Mental Game of Poker by Jarred Tendler and its been a big help. I got mine for free via an offer on this audio book company of Amazon's, it might help you too, gl.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by erikosy
      Hi, I was massively burnt out a few years ago, very heavily depressed. It took me maybe 2 years to get over it.

Since, I got hold of a copy of The Mental Game of Poker by Jarred Tendler and its been a big help. I got mine for free via an offer on this audio book company of Amazon's, it might help you too, gl.
      Hi
      Nice to hear you got over it mate!

I didn't get depressed really bad..but I realised the possibility of really sinking deep incase I just don't step out of the ratrace now..so I did. And I am glad I did it..and also now starting over on new years feels great. I am easily going to make my January goals uless I get a huge DS on the 2 sites :D

Yea I just stumbled upon that book you mentioned yesterday. I think I will Dl the free trial of it through amazon.

GL to you on at the tables! and profitable 2013!
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      All I can say to PP and RK

Well 30 or so games 8BI down...would have been more but the 2/30 on RedKings did get me a 7BI boost in the end. I did testing with SH sngs and have to say the smallDS was well worth it..Iam not totally sure yet which I like more but for some reason the SH games seem to be easier to get ITM...dunno..tomorrow will strictly stay on the fullrings and on saturday maybe try only SH games and see which I like the most and go with those.

Here is the Alias Graph for the 2 sites involved on this atm. I am still mising some results from the earlier games as I had PP settings somewhat wrong and the histories dun wanna go in..but dun care..these are the games after I started the challenge. So I go from here

• xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      OK

Found a 10€ from my skrills acco and threw it to pokerstars
      Am starting to practice on the 360 turbos 10c games. 130 Bi should be enough to learn them :D

Didnt doo too well on them. I also ran some 10c GTDs . Cashed on one Party freeroll so that was fun but only few cents really.

Also decided to play my first ever PLO tournament on stars. $0.10 PLO240man normal speed. I have played less than 1k hands of PLO within the 3 years I have played poker. Well the tourney was kinda fun...I prettymuch doubled the amount of my PLO hands ever played and it was actually rather fun to play this game as a tournament on slow moving blinds.

Well.....to my amazement..

and here is the
      Final hand

So I guess I did rather good :D

As I speculated on my finnish blog its probably because PLO is totally away from my comfort zone so during the whole game I never made any autopilot decisions...I have to stop playing on autopilot it seems :D

So good % profit..and well now also my PS acco sits at staggering $17.7 so not a bad 177 buy ins for the nano tourneys...

On Redkings and Pary my rolls are pretty much breakeven now though I made a good run at party I have come down 13 BI now from the lead I got on that account..so gotta turn that thing around now :D
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Partypoker is going down the drain atm...deck is cold as eskimos pussy and I am not getting any value when I finally get anything :D

But now I need to push on more on the redkings account to get the $50 out from them :D SO more volume I need to get more games in and that means I ned to play more shorthanded games. So begins the grindage of those as the FR games are slow to start.

I played more 360 turbos 10c on pokerstars and I got 10th just missing the final table. I am now on profit little over $4 for the 10c games there :D quite good roi :D

So tonight I will be playing 360s and redkings only. Party is now on hold untill I grind out my bonus or go busto :D

I have rough 80 days to grind it out and did some clacs and I should be playing around 15 games a day on redkings in order to do this..let the grindage begin :D (shouldnt be really that hard if I can manage to keep the BR atleast BE :D )
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      So I did open an account to 24h Poker..man I am liking this site so far. The software runs smooth and all the functions are easy to use. you can easily minimize the graphics down to have all the slow animations away and whatnot.

I am nearing my 200games goal very soon so thats good news...though I have broken some of the ideolgies like no more investing money..though I didn't buy MOshmans book as I found it from library and enjoying the read so far.

The SNG traffic seems to be mainly on the 6max hypers so I started grinding them and playing the 5max hypers at ongame.

Here are the results from last night games

Also I did stumble upon some great music yesterday and I am putting my spotify full of these guys songs. Exellent grinding music.

Have to go and look some 6max hypers videos. Any good blogging about those in here too? IIRC I saw atleast few of those.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      HM2 has some problems in 24h poker. (microgaming)
      the hud is not workin on live tables its just waiting for hands. The HH folder has been identified and after the session i can see the games are there to be reviewd. On the replayer the hud is visible. So its working. I tried configurint the time differences. 0 1 and 2. Autodetect said 1 but nothing. Also am playig thr 1.1€ 6max superturbos but they record as $11 and the results may vary and the money won etc.

Anyone in here play in 24h/microgaming? Please let me know if you had any troubles. Best of it was that i saw the stats on my first testgame sng and cash rounds but then i cloosed client and hm2 and they never came back. Please help its taking a lot of time from table to config this crap.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      One of the January goals completed. 201 games played in 9 days so far...

Off to bed more blogging tomorrow