$57.84
      MP2:
      $25.10
      MP3:
      $25.00
      CO:
      $36.13

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 5.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.40, BB folds, BU calls $1.65.

Flop: ($5.05) 2, A, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, BU calls $2.70.

Turn: ($10.45) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($10.45) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25.

Final Pot: $16.95.

he is unknown.
      flop should be check call?
      river is snap fold?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think A5o is way too weak to 3bet here. Being OOP means you will get called a lot more often when 3betting so use more playable hands that you don't consider better to call with like T8s for example.

As played, I prefer flop check but cbetting should also be +EV. River is unfortunately a guessing game and we should play our own range usually. Do you have many better hands you can call with? You get such good pot odds too but he is unlikely to bluff. Can he bet A9 like this? What about KK? Can he have it in his range on the river and bet? He knows what you have and you are usually guessing what he has. I think calling A9, maybe AJ that you play like this is fine, while folding A5.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

I think A5o is way too weak to 3bet here. Being OOP means you will get called a lot more often when 3betting so use more playable hands that you don't consider better to call with like T8s for example.

As played, I prefer flop check but cbetting should also be +EV. River is unfortunately a guessing game and we should play our own range usually. Do you have many better hands you can call with? You get such good pot odds too but he is unlikely to bluff. Can he bet A9 like this? What about KK? Can he have it in his range on the river and bet? He knows what you have and you are usually guessing what he has. I think calling A9, maybe AJ that you play like this is fine, while folding A5.

I think A9s would check back.
      and I want to think there is no KK in his range.
      so river is fold.
      I reraise with A5o against unknown ,but even if I do it,my 3 BET stats is just 5.2~ 5.5
      should I reraise more if I think my hand is stronger than his raise range?even against unknown?
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      You have to know your opponent. Against some you can 3bet 20%, whereas others it's better to 3bet 4% (or thereabout). It all depends on how they play versus 3bets. Versus an unknown I would fold A5o preflop, I just think it plays too poorly when he doesn't immediately fold preflop.

ifs