[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 AA 15-01-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $5.82 (116.4 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $5.24 (104.8 bb)
      MP: $5.31 (106.2 bb)
      CO: $3.16 (63.2 bb)
      BTN: $4.95 (99 bb)
      SB: $2.02 (40.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A A
      Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) 4 5 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.31, BB raises to $0.62, Hero calls $0.31

Turn: ($1.66) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.24, Hero raises to $4.42 and is all-in, BB calls $3.18

River: ($10.50) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

$10.50 pot ($0.52 rake)
      Final Board: 4 5 9 5 6
      BB showed J J and lost (-$5.24 net)
      Hero mucked A A and won $9.98 ($4.74 net)

Thought I had to leave the table after this one...

When he c/r me on the flop I was thinking maybe it's best to give up, they usually have their sets etc, and for some god forsaken reason I called his min raise. hadn't really noticed at this point it was amin raise...

I was fed up with the game at this time I think, I felt no way they could all be so lucky and hit sets all the time, so I jammed it in, but as I saw how long he was to react I was possitive he had nothing that beat me...

My question is I guess, would this be valid line against a maniac who likes to c/r (I have few reads on him, but felt he was stupid me)

And had to post it because I think the tilt got the better of me here, was rewarede tho, so not to sure about my play...

My thought right now the call-reevaluate turn (river) is fine, but the shove is not.

Posted result, should I note him down as be doing this, or is it not valid with this low sample?

• 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Resilence,

The tilt part you definitely have to look at. We want to make these calls because it makes sense rather than because we can't believe them flopping yet another set :)

I actually like your line here with AA.

With 9x or even TT it's more of a fold on the flop. But with AA we dominate his overpairs which he can have plus all TP and draws.

If his line was ck/call flop, ck/raise turn I would be a lot more inclined to fold AA.

Like this I feel we are ahead often and that turn is perfect for us to go broke on and we get called by TP+. And if he is a maniac or you had reads then we definitely can't fold.