Back to the roots

• Doffer
      Doffer
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

short intro:

im a 28 year old german SnG-player. I´ve played many different formats of SnG´s, MTSnG´s, HUSnG etc..

Back in nov. last year i started playing turbo 9m again. At the moment i try to play a higher AvBi than last month. Startet adding $60 and even the reg-speed 9m to get some more volume at the $30s & $60s.

I also play some FR-CG and even some SH-Cap-CG if time is rare.

my "decent" poker-goals 2013:

• $15K tablewinnings
      • $xxx rakeback
      • SuperNova-state

I think the SN-state is the hardest part for me to archive. I have a little cute daughter :f_love: , she´s 15 days old now (yeah, born on the 31th of december). So i dunno how much time i can spend each month in online-poker, but i try to stay on SN pace. So i´ll have to collect 8,3k VPP´s each month.

Im in parental leave for feb. and march, so i hope to collect roundabout 20k VPP in feb. and march to build a buffer for the summer.

So here is the graph since 01.11.2012

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And this month so far

So far
  • 7 replies
    • Doffer
      Doffer
      Bronze
      MTT-CASH

Monthly result´s
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Doffer!

Welcome to our blogging section and good luck with your goals :)
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey Doffer

good luck with balancing the poker life with your new daughter! Congrats by the way

All the best for the future,
      Luke
    • Doffer
      Doffer
      Bronze
      Thank u HollyMichelle and Legand73.

Balancing poker and family is not as hard as i expected it to be. Of course i can´t allways play when and as long as i would like, but in general the first month was from the volume quite ok.

If i only had played 9m turbo this month, it would have bin $wise quite a good month.

9m turbo

But like so often, i played games i know i dont beat. And dropped a lot again.

So i made an overall-profit this month of $370 incl. CG and BoP-bonus.
      Im a bit disappointed about that, but managed to make 10.880 VPP. So im over pace right now.

This month my parental leave began, so i hope to get a lot more volume.
      I hope to make a decent profit by the end of the year so i wont bother about short term results. I won´t look at my results very often this month. I dont know if i look every week/2weeks or just end of the month, i dont know yet.

Beside all that, i decided to save 5 % of my profit i made over the year 2013
      for my little daughter. Transfer it to her bankaccount and save her some extra $$ for whatever she needs it when she´s 18y old.

I start my first session now and hope to run good, at least to the end of 2013!! :P

So far
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Good to hear and congrats on your new arrival

I'm sure she'll appreciate you grinding hard for her :)
    • Doffer
      Doffer
      Bronze
      Thank´s Boomer, i spect she will. :)

Today i looked at my results...Only cause i played some 15s HT HU to improve my HU play in 9m SnG´s, and saw my $$ when the rematch-window opened.

I still think that i dont run that good when it comes to HU, but i also think, that i play quite badly too. So i will go on with playing HT HU at least for this month and look how i do at them.

Graph 9m turbo/reg-speed 01.02 - 04.02

Going to grind some more SnG´s tonight. And i dont look at my cashier for the next few days. It makes playing much more comfortable.

VPP´s this month 3.200

So far
    • Doffer
      Doffer
      Bronze
      Downswing i hate u

At the moment im on a really awful downsing at 9m SnG´s.
      It seems to be allways the same. If i realy have a lot time to gring its going down.

Im down about 1,6k$ from bankroll-peak this year. Incl. some smaller MTT´s and some cashgame.

This years 9m SnG graph (sharkscope)

And the last 3 days of my HM1 graph (don´t think its realy accurate, but its the best way to show that i dont run good)

So i will drop the 60s and try to grind things out with 15s and 30s.

Here is a link from 2+2 where Pokerstars whants to discuss blind structures with Pokerstars-Players. Maybe it´s interesting for some of u.
      2+2 Forum invitation to discuss blind structures

So far