This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Back to the roots

• Doffer
      Doffer
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

short intro:

im a 28 year old german SnG-player. I´ve played many different formats of SnG´s, MTSnG´s, HUSnG etc..

Back in nov. last year i started playing turbo 9m again. At the moment i try to play a higher AvBi than last month. Startet adding $60 and even the reg-speed 9m to get some more volume at the $30s & $60s.

I also play some FR-CG and even some SH-Cap-CG if time is rare.

my "decent" poker-goals 2013:

• $15K tablewinnings
      • $xxx rakeback
      • SuperNova-state

I think the SN-state is the hardest part for me to archive. I have a little cute daughter :f_love: , she´s 15 days old now (yeah, born on the 31th of december). So i dunno how much time i can spend each month in online-poker, but i try to stay on SN pace. So i´ll have to collect 8,3k VPP´s each month.

Im in parental leave for feb. and march, so i hope to collect roundabout 20k VPP in feb. and march to build a buffer for the summer.

So here is the graph since 01.11.2012

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And this month so far

So far
  • 7 replies
    • Doffer
      Doffer
      Bronze
      MTT-CASH

Monthly result´s
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Doffer!

Welcome to our blogging section and good luck with your goals :)
    • legand73
      legand73
      Silver
      Hey Doffer

good luck with balancing the poker life with your new daughter! Congrats by the way

All the best for the future,
      Luke
    • Doffer
      Doffer
      Bronze
      Thank u HollyMichelle and Legand73.

Balancing poker and family is not as hard as i expected it to be. Of course i can´t allways play when and as long as i would like, but in general the first month was from the volume quite ok.

If i only had played 9m turbo this month, it would have bin $wise quite a good month.

9m turbo

But like so often, i played games i know i dont beat. And dropped a lot again.

So i made an overall-profit this month of $370 incl. CG and BoP-bonus.
      Im a bit disappointed about that, but managed to make 10.880 VPP. So im over pace right now.

This month my parental leave began, so i hope to get a lot more volume.
      I hope to make a decent profit by the end of the year so i wont bother about short term results. I won´t look at my results very often this month. I dont know if i look every week/2weeks or just end of the month, i dont know yet.

Beside all that, i decided to save 5 % of my profit i made over the year 2013
      for my little daughter. Transfer it to her bankaccount and save her some extra $$ for whatever she needs it when she´s 18y old.

I start my first session now and hope to run good, at least to the end of 2013!! :P

So far
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Good to hear and congrats on your new arrival

I'm sure she'll appreciate you grinding hard for her :)
    • Doffer
      Doffer
      Bronze
      Thank´s Boomer, i spect she will. :)

Today i looked at my results...Only cause i played some 15s HT HU to improve my HU play in 9m SnG´s, and saw my $$ when the rematch-window opened.

I still think that i dont run that good when it comes to HU, but i also think, that i play quite badly too. So i will go on with playing HT HU at least for this month and look how i do at them.

Graph 9m turbo/reg-speed 01.02 - 04.02

Going to grind some more SnG´s tonight. And i dont look at my cashier for the next few days. It makes playing much more comfortable.

VPP´s this month 3.200

So far
    • Doffer
      Doffer
      Bronze
      Downswing i hate u

At the moment im on a really awful downsing at 9m SnG´s.
      It seems to be allways the same. If i realy have a lot time to gring its going down.

Im down about 1,6k$ from bankroll-peak this year. Incl. some smaller MTT´s and some cashgame.

This years 9m SnG graph (sharkscope)

And the last 3 days of my HM1 graph (don´t think its realy accurate, but its the best way to show that i dont run good)

So i will drop the 60s and try to grind things out with 15s and 30s.

Here is a link from 2+2 where Pokerstars whants to discuss blind structures with Pokerstars-Players. Maybe it´s interesting for some of u.
      2+2 Forum invitation to discuss blind structures

So far