NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.72)
      BB ($52.07)
      Hero ($100)
      UTG+1 ($86.57)
      CO ($28.50)
      BTN ($49.50)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $1.50, fold, CO calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

FLOP ($7.50) 3:diamond: 2:spade: T:diamond:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $5.75, CO folds, BTN calls $5.75, SB folds, BB folds

TURN ($19) 3:diamond: 2:spade: T:diamond: 2:diamond:

Hero ?

I bet out to protect my hand and get value, but get called by the only guy I didn't want to, the other guys are bad regs or fish.

Anyway this guy that called is tight and not aggro at all. He's 17% VPiP, 13% PFR, 6.8% 3bet over 108 hands. On his CO position he's 22% VPiP over 18 hands and has 12 hands raise 1st and 6 hands 3bet, so no called hands in history.

That in my mind I'm guessing he would 3bet any overpair pre and given that he's tight and passive the only hands I can see him have here is KdQd, AT, JT, TT, 33, 22.

So I went with check call, because my flush draw only helps against the one combo of KdQd and AT,JT I already got beaten. Is that line correct?

Secondly I wonder what I should do if he check back, should I bet/fold river?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heyo,

Do you think he would just call all sets with people left behind to act here? It's possible ofc, but having only 7 sets left in his range, I'd more often think he has a flush or other one pair hands like you mentioned, not a boat. Also, I would add QJs, KJs and probably 89s, 78s in his flushes range even if he is tight because he has good odds and position. You block the nutflush so you have about 5 flush combos, let's say 3.5 boats. That said, how likely is he to call with worse? I would usually check/call here although value betting seems viable. The thing is, I want one more street of value usually with my current hand so if I bet here and river is a blank I usually don't want to put in any more money against his very tight range. If you could put JJ, QQ in his range, those 12 combos might make it a bet.