[NL2-NL10] NL10 55 flpd set. missed value or correct play?

• zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

Hi,

This is my first hand post so sorry if it's the wrong way to do things ?(

So, I have only 100+ hands on villain utg (using HEM2, which I love btw). His stats being 15/14/1 (vpip/pfr/postflopaggro). So I think vpip and pfr are pretty standard if not a bit on the low side?? So my call is pretty standard too??
      Guy in sb's stats 12/9/4 but think stats are pretty irrelevent as pre flop action is pretty standard stuff??
      I flop a set and after a check which was probably wrong I now feel?? I decide to CR as utg could be holding a straight draw or even a set.
      I just wanted to know if this play was okay or did I miss value??

Thank you
      Zach

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $5.36
      MP2:
      $15.96
      MP3:
      $13.65
      CO:
      $10.57
      BU:
      $6.24
      SB (Hero):
      $8.21
      BB:
      $13.16
      UTG2:
      $10.09

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, 5.
      UTG2 raises to $0.30, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.9) 5, T, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.77, BB folds, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.4.
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

First of all I want to welcome you in the hand evaluation forum. Looking forward for more of your hands.

Now to the hand:

I want to ask you why do you have 82bb? According to BSS you should have at least 100bb in the beginning of every hand.

Preflop calling is definitely fine. We have a decent hand and our plan will be to play for set value.

On the flop we hit our set and the nitty UTG bets. I doubt he is bluffing here at all, so raising here and trying to build up the pot and put the money in is good.

I'd play the hand like this too.

Just to let you know, if you have any questions or something left misunderstood, you can press the "advice the judge to have a second look" button and we will review the hand again.

Best,
      Plamen
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Thank you for the response.
      I was unaware that I should top up my stack as I lost a little but obviously that makes sense when playing the bss.
      I don't remember this point being made during lesson 1 or 2, maybe something to revise for PS coaches? Or maybe I just missed it.
      Thanks again.
      Zach