$25.00
      MP2:
      $37.43
      MP3:
      $63.59
      CO:
      $65.97

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      4 folds, SB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2) 9, 7, 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.6) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

River: ($10.6) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $10.6.

his stats in 363 hands   vpip20 pfr16 af2,8 wtsd28 w$SD45 flopCB53  turnCB60        flopAF40  turnCB42 river AF41   

it seems to be strong.
      turn raise?
      my play was okey?
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Calling pre is fine, could consider 3bet. How much does he steal preflop from SB?

Flop is quite marginal for a call. Keep in mind he doesn't cbet that much so if his preflop range is strong, your hand might be too weak to call. You can consider a raise to bluff him off just about all his air and hands below 7x or you should fold. He barrels too often in my opinion to be able to call A high with BD flush unless you know you can take the pot away later somehow, either by turn raise or river bet in this case.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

Calling pre is fine, could consider 3bet. How much does he steal preflop from SB?

Flop is quite marginal for a call. Keep in mind he doesn't cbet that much so if his preflop range is strong, your hand might be too weak to call. You can consider a raise to bluff him off just about all his air and hands below 7x or you should fold. He barrels too often in my opinion to be able to call A high with BD flush unless you know you can take the pot away later somehow, either by turn raise or river bet in this case.

his steal 38
      resteal 8
      I havent seen these stats much. I am not sure how much they are useful.
      should I see these stats to improve my EV?
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Yes, his steal % is very important. If he steals only 10% his range is a lot stronger in this spot compared to if he steals 40%. You can then take the correct precautions depending on what his range looks like.

Here I would consider just folding the flop. It's hard for you to get to showdown and actually win there, so I think the best option could be to just fold flop. It's often better to call hands such as JT or even QJ over AJ here, since those play better on a lot of turns.

ifs
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by imfromsweden007
      Yes, his steal % is very important. If he steals only 10% his range is a lot stronger in this spot compared to if he steals 40%. You can then take the correct precautions depending on what his range looks like.

Here I would consider just folding the flop. It's hard for you to get to showdown and actually win there, so I think the best option could be to just fold flop. It's often better to call hands such as JT or even QJ over AJ here, since those play better on a lot of turns.

ifs

thank you! and one more question which is not related to this hand.

i want to ask about bb, for example,if I can make +3bb/100,it means I am good?
      in these days,its something difficult to earn money stationary on for example 200 NL?
      its easier to study PLO and play it to win?
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Do you mean winrate from the bb? If so any positive winrate seems unreal good!

But I guess you mean overall winrate. 3bb is decent in today's game honestly. If you're good or not, well that's a subjective question; you're definitely good compared to your averege pigeon on the street, but probably not very good compared to Ivey. 200nl definitely requires you to have a firm grasp and be able to play at least solid in almost all situations. I don't play PLO so not sure if that's easier, although I would guess it is. Because, well, grass is always greener on the other side.