[NL2-NL10] A8o with two-pair

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Me and opponent had some history this game, I'd raised him 2 or 3 times post flop and nothing which went to showdown, so I thought I'd take advantage of that.

I have a question though, what if he raised me / shoved the river? At this point there are better Ax two pairs out and some other hands which would also have me crushed, but I also have most of my stack in at that point, and bear in mind he could be tilty with me because of previous hands.

Opp. is 20/14 and c-bets most flops.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $14.62
      BB: $9.60
      UTG: $9.34
      Hero (CO): $9.80
      BTN: $16.60

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with 8:spade: A:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) 3:spade: A:heart: 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.50, BB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.90) Q:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1

River: ($5.90) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.30, SB calls $3.30

Final Pot: $12.50
      SB mucks A:spade: 7:spade:
      Hero shows 8:spade: A:club: (two pair, Aces and Eights)
      Hero wins $11.94
      (Rake: $0.56)
  • 5 replies
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      I raise turn more to have an easy all-in on the river. Your raise to $1 in the pot of $4 is a bit weird.

If he shoved the river, it would be like 24% eq. needed. I think we have that much with 2P.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Th334
      I raise turn more to have an easy all-in on the river. Your raise to $1 in the pot of $4 is a bit weird.

If he shoved the river, it would be like 24% eq. needed. I think we have that much with 2P.
      I doubt I'm getting opponent all-in, and I don't really want to risk him folding on the turn, since he's not really the type of player who's stacking off with TPNK.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      I doubt I'm getting opponent all-in, and I don't really want to risk him folding on the turn, since he's not really the type of player who's stacking off with TPNK.
      If he didn't have a NFD on the turn, he might have folded even to your min-raise. Otherwise, he's willing to call much more and we are missing value.

If he's not that type of guy, what happened on the river?

Our aim is not to make him call (any amount), but to make him pay you as much as possible. You don't flop 2P on a relatively safe board each hand, do you?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Well i wouldn't assume he would be tilting just because you reraised him few times, but he can be more inclined to look you up. More stat would be helpful but this board is perfect for a slowplay, and i would stick with that on flop and turn but we can't really represent turn call as bluff so we if we want to, we better use our image here, and river bet is perfect too i would make it 2/3 to seem like we want a fold.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi

like th334 said, raise larger. i would raise to 3 and shove river