SNG Question - 180man

• PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

What is a good ROI and ITM% for the following?

2.50 - 180man turbo on Pokerstars -most importantly this one as this is the one I play most

1.50 45man turbo

I know ITM doesn't really matter that much as I can be eliminated 5 times between 10th & 18th place and I will earn less cash than, for example, if I bust out early in 4 tournaments and finish, say, 3rd in the 5th. However, I am still interested in this statistic as well.

Thank you! :heart:
  • 11 replies
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Is my question that stupid ? Come on guys at least give a direction to where I can find the answer myself..

Thanks
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      any +ROI is good :P

But generally if youre good you can beat them at 25-35%
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Thanks for taking time to reply, I appreciate it. Please confirm that you are reffering to ROI. My current ROI is 50% and ITM 15% , however sample is only 60 tourneys. So I take it that is ok ?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi PokerPPP

Your thread was recently moved to the tournament strategy forum since MTSNG's with more then 30 players are considered MTT's.

A normal ROI for 2,5$ 180men should be around 30%. If you play fewer tables 40% or more might be possible. Regarding ITM there is nothing like a "standard" I guess.

Your results seem alright obviously. Be aware, that 60 tournaments are by no means a sufficient sample size. At this point you can't even tell for sure if you are winning player long term.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Woofex
      Woofex
      Gold
      Hi my 2.5$ 180man turbo's ROI % in like 5.5k games sample is 20.6% and ITM is 10.9%. :)
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerPPP
      Thanks for taking time to reply, I appreciate it. Please confirm that you are reffering to ROI. My current ROI is 50% and ITM 15% , however sample is only 60 tourneys. So I take it that is ok ?
      When i said 25-30% it is atleast over a sample of 1500+ games

You can win the 1st game and your roi wil be 500
      Does not mean ur gonna be a long term winning player

I am not criticizing you just informing you that you need a bigger sample to determine your ROI
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by Woofex
      Hi my 2.5$ 180man turbo's ROI % in like 5.5k games sample is 20.6% and ITM is 10.9%. :)
      Which is perfectly well if you play multiple tables :)
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone for helping. I realize that 60 tourneys is too little and that my stats is not reliable. So a winning player at these usually has 20% ++ ROI over a sample of say 1K games? Yes I am multitabling, playing 4-6 tourneys at once.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Even 1k games are not a sufficient number to tell your exact ROI. In most cases it should be possible to tell if you are winning player or not though. I guess, a sufficient sample size starts at 5k games or more.

Most players will multi table 15 tables +x. Playing 4 to 6 tables your ROI should be significantly higher then 20%. Still, your hourly will be worse then the hourly of masstabling players.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaban
      Even 1k games are not a sufficient number to tell your exact ROI. In most cases it should be possible to tell if you are winning player or not though. I guess, a sufficient sample size starts at 5k games or more.

Most players will multi table 15 tables +x. Playing 4 to 6 tables your ROI should be significantly higher then 20%. Still, your hourly will be worse then the hourly of masstabling players.

Regards,
      Asaban
      +1

The key thing in SNGs is volume
      You play 300 games a month with 40% ROI
      And some one plays 2K games with 20% ROI

You get my point?
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Ya I dont think telling people they can have >20 roi is fair. Pretty few players get 20% and they move up but its not that hard.