This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SNG Question - 180man

• PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

What is a good ROI and ITM% for the following?

2.50 - 180man turbo on Pokerstars -most importantly this one as this is the one I play most

1.50 45man turbo

I know ITM doesn't really matter that much as I can be eliminated 5 times between 10th & 18th place and I will earn less cash than, for example, if I bust out early in 4 tournaments and finish, say, 3rd in the 5th. However, I am still interested in this statistic as well.

Thank you! :heart:
  • 11 replies
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Is my question that stupid ? Come on guys at least give a direction to where I can find the answer myself..

Thanks
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      any +ROI is good :P

But generally if youre good you can beat them at 25-35%
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Thanks for taking time to reply, I appreciate it. Please confirm that you are reffering to ROI. My current ROI is 50% and ITM 15% , however sample is only 60 tourneys. So I take it that is ok ?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi PokerPPP

Your thread was recently moved to the tournament strategy forum since MTSNG's with more then 30 players are considered MTT's.

A normal ROI for 2,5$ 180men should be around 30%. If you play fewer tables 40% or more might be possible. Regarding ITM there is nothing like a "standard" I guess.

Your results seem alright obviously. Be aware, that 60 tournaments are by no means a sufficient sample size. At this point you can't even tell for sure if you are winning player long term.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Woofex
      Woofex
      Bronze
      Hi my 2.5$ 180man turbo's ROI % in like 5.5k games sample is 20.6% and ITM is 10.9%. :)
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerPPP
      Thanks for taking time to reply, I appreciate it. Please confirm that you are reffering to ROI. My current ROI is 50% and ITM 15% , however sample is only 60 tourneys. So I take it that is ok ?
      When i said 25-30% it is atleast over a sample of 1500+ games

You can win the 1st game and your roi wil be 500
      Does not mean ur gonna be a long term winning player

I am not criticizing you just informing you that you need a bigger sample to determine your ROI
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by Woofex
      Hi my 2.5$ 180man turbo's ROI % in like 5.5k games sample is 20.6% and ITM is 10.9%. :)
      Which is perfectly well if you play multiple tables :)
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone for helping. I realize that 60 tourneys is too little and that my stats is not reliable. So a winning player at these usually has 20% ++ ROI over a sample of say 1K games? Yes I am multitabling, playing 4-6 tourneys at once.
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Even 1k games are not a sufficient number to tell your exact ROI. In most cases it should be possible to tell if you are winning player or not though. I guess, a sufficient sample size starts at 5k games or more.

Most players will multi table 15 tables +x. Playing 4 to 6 tables your ROI should be significantly higher then 20%. Still, your hourly will be worse then the hourly of masstabling players.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaban
      Even 1k games are not a sufficient number to tell your exact ROI. In most cases it should be possible to tell if you are winning player or not though. I guess, a sufficient sample size starts at 5k games or more.

Most players will multi table 15 tables +x. Playing 4 to 6 tables your ROI should be significantly higher then 20%. Still, your hourly will be worse then the hourly of masstabling players.

Regards,
      Asaban
      +1

The key thing in SNGs is volume
      You play 300 games a month with 40% ROI
      And some one plays 2K games with 20% ROI

You get my point?
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Ya I dont think telling people they can have >20 roi is fair. Pretty few players get 20% and they move up but its not that hard.