CO bets $1.18, Hero calls $1.18

RIVER ($4.73) 5:spade: K:diamond: 8:diamond: 3:diamond: T:diamond:

CO bets $2.36, Hero calls $2.36

CO shows Q:diamond: A:spade:
      (Pre 8%, Flop 6.3%, Turn 20.5%)

Hero shows A:club: A:heart:
      (Pre 92%, Flop 93.7%, Turn 79.5%)

CO wins $8.82

Preflop: I have position + BB is reg who likes to squeeze.

Flop: Relatively dry flop so I decide only to cold call since he can go broke here only with Kx.

Turn: When flush comes it's not that likely that he has it but he might have A or Q :diamond: . I think I should raise here. Something like $3,45? We want free showdown if some ugly river comes like K or :diamond: .
      I don't know why I only called here. My thoughts were that he won't go broke easily with Kx hands here when flush came. Also I was afraid of his re-raise-shove I guess :(

River: Just stupid. He never donks with bare K hand here. If I decide to slowplay AA I guess I must fold here right?
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Yax,

Why slowplay AA versus a non full stack opponent (most likely fishy)?

Simply 3-bet this preflop for PURE value. Make it about $1.2 preflop.

As played, raise the flop. Makes a lot less sense to raise on the scare card (flush) than this flop. It's not even that dry with draws possible and since he is potentially fishy he is not folding Kx, draws maybe even other pairs. Remember you under repped your hand.

For the future try not to slowplay hands like this unless you have a valid reason. There's a lot more value in 3-beting preflop than just hoping someone will squeeze you there.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      As played, raise the flop. Makes a lot less sense to raise on the scare card (flush) than this flop. It's not even that dry with draws possible and since he is potentially fishy he is not folding Kx, draws maybe even other pairs. Remember you under repped your hand.
      But raising flop means he only calls us with Kx hands and also FD...yep I see it now range is wider than I thought.

But if I missed this flop raise I can still raise on turn right? Or is this bad because if he bet and we raise and he reraises we still can't fold right (I mean I wouldn't in this spot because I'm bad)?