[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 84s 16-01-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $6.07 (121.4 bb)
      UTG: $2.69 (53.8 bb)
      MP: $2.61 (52.2 bb)
      CO: $2.88 (57.6 bb)
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 4
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.20) 5 6 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.50) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37

River: ($1.24) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, BB calls $0.55

Decided to check on turn to induce...

On river however wasn't sure, can I check it again or betting this ammount fine?

• 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Preflop: What was with minr? You will be OOP and your hand is terrible. You can't expect to win via high card so you must expect to bluff in order to take it down. I really don't like your preflop play.

Flop: I like your cbet amount since there are many pair kind of hands in his range. But also FD, SD kind of hands.

Turn: With checking on the turn you have to c/r to get some value from Qx, 9x or one card FD or maybe even some 2 pair combos. I really don't like your c/c since he can just fold on the river if misses. And if ugly card comes you must check.

River: Would bet more on the river to get value since he showed some strength investing his money on two streets. I think 55c is the same as 85c in terms if he decides to call, he will call.
    • Resilence
      The min raise was a mistake(missclick), would have made it 0.15, however he seems unlikely to fight back the blinds.
    • mbml

Preflop: I don't think a min-raise is good unless you have the read that he just folds way too often to steals, and does not adjust his calling frequencies appropriately vs a min-raise. You may be making the right play (given he is a nitty 20/13) but I do not know for sure.

You might want to explain whether you had any such reads.

Postflop: absolutely no reason to slowplay. Just bet bet bet is your best shot at getting max value. I don't like taking fancy lines of check/calling to induce with such a strong hand or even check/raising (which is better than check/calling) without any reads. betting just seems to have the higher EV on average vs majority of opponents - I think it's likelier that he calls you with worse than bluff with worse.