[NL2-NL10] AJo vs. preflop aggro

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      This guy is classed as a "preflop aggro" according to HEM, he keeps making small 3-bets against me which admittedly is really annoying, if I flat call he's going to play it aggressively in position and cause me to fold anyway, and often it shows as a sign of weakness when someone makes such a small re-raise.

I think I still should have just let it go though, there are better hands and AJo is hardly the best.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $10.94
      MP: $7.54
      CO: $4.53
      BTN: $5.34
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $10.30

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with J:club: A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.60, BTN raises to $5.34 all in, Hero calls $3.74

Flop: ($10.83) 4:diamond: 4:club: 2:heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($10.83) T:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($10.83) J:heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I prefer folding here after the 3bet.
      AJo doesn't really stand good against his stacking off range and if we 4bet here I don't think we can fold.
      I'm only going to 4bet if I know he has quite a lot of bluffs. Otherwise, I'm just shoving TT+, AK.

Best,
      Plamen
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

I prefer folding here after the 3bet.
      AJo doesn't really stand good against his stacking off range and if we 4bet here I don't think we can fold.
      I'm only going to 4bet if I know he has quite a lot of bluffs. Otherwise, I'm just shoving TT+, AK.

Best,
      Plamen
      Yeah, I think I need to control myself vs. these players sometimes. Would it be best to just fold/fold/fold until I pick up something I can shove with?

Yeah when he shoved over my 4-bet I had to call really, on occasion I 4-bet frequent 3-betters light but I'm starting to realise it can have bad consequences. I got exceptionally lucky with this hand as he had AK and I caught a J on the river :f_biggrin:
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, yeah, I'd fold against his 3bet until I pick up a decent hand.

Of course if he tends to play back quite a lot we could definitely widen our value range.