This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJo vs. preflop aggro

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      This guy is classed as a "preflop aggro" according to HEM, he keeps making small 3-bets against me which admittedly is really annoying, if I flat call he's going to play it aggressively in position and cause me to fold anyway, and often it shows as a sign of weakness when someone makes such a small re-raise.

I think I still should have just let it go though, there are better hands and AJo is hardly the best.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $10.94
      MP: $7.54
      CO: $4.53
      BTN: $5.34
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $10.30

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with J:club: A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.60, BTN raises to $5.34 all in, Hero calls $3.74

Flop: ($10.83) 4:diamond: 4:club: 2:heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($10.83) T:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($10.83) J:heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I prefer folding here after the 3bet.
      AJo doesn't really stand good against his stacking off range and if we 4bet here I don't think we can fold.
      I'm only going to 4bet if I know he has quite a lot of bluffs. Otherwise, I'm just shoving TT+, AK.

Best,
      Plamen
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

I prefer folding here after the 3bet.
      AJo doesn't really stand good against his stacking off range and if we 4bet here I don't think we can fold.
      I'm only going to 4bet if I know he has quite a lot of bluffs. Otherwise, I'm just shoving TT+, AK.

Best,
      Plamen
      Yeah, I think I need to control myself vs. these players sometimes. Would it be best to just fold/fold/fold until I pick up something I can shove with?

Yeah when he shoved over my 4-bet I had to call really, on occasion I 4-bet frequent 3-betters light but I'm starting to realise it can have bad consequences. I got exceptionally lucky with this hand as he had AK and I caught a J on the river :f_biggrin:
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, yeah, I'd fold against his 3bet until I pick up a decent hand.

Of course if he tends to play back quite a lot we could definitely widen our value range.