pokerstars of full tilt?

• Karena87
      Karena87
      Bronze
      I am thinking of which one i wanna make my main site.

I have always played on FTP with a platinum status by gaining aprox 150 points a day. At FTP i can easely make 150 points avarage for the platinum status. This gives me a 20% rakeback each week.

Pokerstars has no rakeback, but via bonusses u can achieve something close to what u can call rakeback. I was just wondering if u would roll 150 points on avarage a week on FTP, how can i compare this with the rakeback u can earn via stars? And how can i redeem those?

I mean i know about the Stelar rewards, but where are the cash bonussen u can redeem? And what would u advice me to play?

How much rakeback would stars give me if u consider i earn around 150 points a day at FTP (20% rakeback).
  • 19 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Karena87,

We will do our best to help you out of course but we need more information from you :)

What games/limits do you play? How much rake do you generate per day/week/month etc

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Karena87
      Karena87
      Bronze
      I am trying to grow on pokerstars again. Have been playing at NL25, but at the moment i am back stuck in NL2 about to move to NL5. This is because i cashed out a few weeks ago.

Btw they count the monneyback via points as rakeback, but via FT u can also get cash bonusses via FTPoints. Dunno how much they are worth ( how much % rakeback i can calculate for them).
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again,

Are you playing regular tables or Rush tables? How many hands per day?

Regards,
      Gary
    • Karena87
      Karena87
      Bronze
      At the moment i play rush poker with 4 table's. Sadly enough i dunno exacly how much hands i gonna play a day, since i have quite a bussy time atm.

For example:

For $25 a week what would be best?
      For $50 a week what would be best?
      For $100 a week wat would be best?

My question kinda is how much rake should u try to produce a week to be better off at pokerstars? (if at least FT is better for lower rakers)
    • Karena87
      Karena87
      Bronze
      As i see now FT gives 25% rakeback max. + cash bonusses for points ( dunno hiow much % rakeback that is)

so in order for pokerstars to be better i need to get $1500 rake to go from 19% rakeback at $1000 a month to 38% rakeback.

That is aprox $375 rake a week. Kinda insane difference if u can get a 25% rakeback at FT for only $25 rake a day ($175 a week).

So basicaly if u rake less then $375 ur better of at FT?
    • Sholja
      Sholja
      Bronze
      PokerStars definitely! You pay much more rake on FullTilt specially on micros.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      Play on stars bc ftp has less and less players with every day and pokerstars has much much weaker and much bigger player pool then ftp. ftp is like ipoker, its in top 5 but at the same time there is nothing to play in it. i would play on unibet personaly from strategy partnerooms, at least cash games up to nl100.
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      full tilt is very solid i feel. Fish are weary of going to full tilt with the black friday fiasco
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      let me give you a useful advice

No limit holdem only
      Stars rake
      Rake % Cap (6max-9max)
      NL2 3.5% 0.3$
      NL5 4.15% 1$
      NL10 4.5% 1.5$
      NL25 4.5% 2$
      NL50 4.5% 2.5$

FTP
      Rake % Cap (6max-9max)
      NL2 6.6% 2$
      NL5 6.6% 2$
      NL10 6.6% 2$
      NL25 5% 3$
      NL50 5% 3$

Not only the cap is higher on FTP, but they take 1cent rake of each 15cent pot at NL2, NL5, NL10, and they take 1cent rake of each 20cent pot at NL25 and higher.
      I loved FTP, but there is no way that any logical human would play there, except if some limit would have mega fishes daily, I doubt there are any more than stars have. Go to stars or if you want direct good rakeback (50% with FDB), go to 24h poker.
      Also, when you check rakeback %, dont only look at the RB itself, look at how much you lose because of the rake and stars has the smallest rake online.
    • 23devil23
      23devil23
      Bronze
      If you are loose player I would reccomand stars, if you are tighter I would go with tilt.
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      It's easy if you rake alot and are able to get Supernova(up to 45% rakeback) than deffinetly stars but if you dont play much than fulltilt, cause they have nice rakeback for micros :)
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      its insane how people cannot realize that 10$ rake with 25% rakeback is less than 5$ rake with 0% rakeback =) )
    • abhi147
      abhi147
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      its insane how people cannot realize that 10$ rake with 25% rakeback is less than 5$ rake with 0% rakeback =) )
      +1
    • 23devil23
      23devil23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      It actually MORE rake.
    • ferdy81
      ferdy81
      Bronze
      Check this thread and see the graphs:

Destroyed by Rake
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Stars!
    • Karena87
      Karena87
      Bronze
      thx for all the usefull reactions. I decided to move to pokerstars.

After next week i go clear my bonus starting at NL2 / NL5. Will see later if i stick to climb up at pokerstars or move for a new FDB.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Everything that people have wrote above is mathematical theory to suggest you should play at pokerstars. That's all true and I wouldn't dispute it. However, these are some facts about me and my play.

1 I play between NL10 and NL25 both full ring and 6max.i also play between 5-20$ stts.

2 I play slightly looser than pokerstrategy articles would reccomend.

3 I consistently lose money when I play at stars.

4 I consistently win money when I play at full tilt.

Say what you like about take, traffic, regs, fish. I understand what you're saying, but for whatever reason I make money at Tilt. I dont at stars. That's me.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GraemeDR
      Everything that people have wrote above is mathematical theory to suggest you should play at pokerstars. That's all true and I wouldn't dispute it. However, these are some facts about me and my play.

1 I play between NL10 and NL25 both full ring and 6max.i also play between 5-20$ stts.

2 I play slightly looser than pokerstrategy articles would reccomend.

3 I consistently lose money when I play at stars.

4 I consistently win money when I play at full tilt.

Say what you like about take, traffic, regs, fish. I understand what you're saying, but for whatever reason I make money at Tilt. I dont at stars. That's me.
      [x] variance :f_confused: