[NL20-NL50] KJdd

• zumpar
      this was probably a very bad tilted decision, although i dont think its the worst i ever did looking back at it

pre i call, cuz villains is 28/25 3b:15, ultra aggro postflop, over 100 hands, i dont usually call here, cause i dont like to play 3b pot oop, but given his 3b stat, it might be ok?

flop i decided to c/r, cause his cb is 100% and i can rep a good amount of AQ combos, + i think i can fold anything but AQ/QQ/77/A7/ maybe AK on the turn if i shove... once he calls im pretty much confident he has a bare Ax and i can fold him out on the turn + even if he happens to have some AK which he doesnt wanna fold, i have some equity...

as i said this was a very tilted decision, only based on fold equity... :(

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $23.20
      UTG: $20.00
      MP: $26.86
      CO: $7.30
      BTN: $17.31
      Hero (SB): $26.10

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has J:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.60, 2 players) 7:spade: Q:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.70, Hero raises to $6.20, BB calls $3.50

Turn: ($16.00, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $18.10, BB calls $15.20

River: ($46.40, 2 players) J:spade:

BB shows K:club: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 70%, Flop 80%, Turn 73%)
      Hero shows J:diamond: K:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 30%, Flop 20%, Turn 27%)
      BB wins $44.08
      Hero wins $0.00
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

How many AQ combos can you actually rep? You can't rep more than 9 combos of those. If he has Ax you can't rep more than 6 of AQ combos so your value range is EXTREMELY narrow. If I were him I'd play the exact same. You rep draws or spazzes so calling IP to get you to shove on a safe turn is the best play.

If he's 3betting a lot and you don't want to play OOP in a 3bet pot, 4bet pre some hands. KJs might be right there between calling and 4betting for me but if you are uncomfortable calling, make it 4 pre and go from there.

After calling pre, think about how you'd play your set, 2pair and most of your showdown value hands on A high. You usually call to let villain barrel and you don't check/raise Ax because it's not strong enough. If you want to not represent a draw here you should actually call his cbet, not raise. It's obviously a tougher spot, it's just something I wanted to point out.