This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KJdd

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      this was probably a very bad tilted decision, although i dont think its the worst i ever did looking back at it

pre i call, cuz villains is 28/25 3b:15, ultra aggro postflop, over 100 hands, i dont usually call here, cause i dont like to play 3b pot oop, but given his 3b stat, it might be ok?

flop i decided to c/r, cause his cb is 100% and i can rep a good amount of AQ combos, + i think i can fold anything but AQ/QQ/77/A7/ maybe AK on the turn if i shove... once he calls im pretty much confident he has a bare Ax and i can fold him out on the turn + even if he happens to have some AK which he doesnt wanna fold, i have some equity...

as i said this was a very tilted decision, only based on fold equity... :(

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $23.20
      UTG: $20.00
      MP: $26.86
      CO: $7.30
      BTN: $17.31
      Hero (SB): $26.10

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has J:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.60, 2 players) 7:spade: Q:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.70, Hero raises to $6.20, BB calls $3.50

Turn: ($16.00, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $18.10, BB calls $15.20

River: ($46.40, 2 players) J:spade:

BB shows K:club: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 70%, Flop 80%, Turn 73%)
      Hero shows J:diamond: K:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 30%, Flop 20%, Turn 27%)
      BB wins $44.08
      Hero wins $0.00
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

How many AQ combos can you actually rep? You can't rep more than 9 combos of those. If he has Ax you can't rep more than 6 of AQ combos so your value range is EXTREMELY narrow. If I were him I'd play the exact same. You rep draws or spazzes so calling IP to get you to shove on a safe turn is the best play.

If he's 3betting a lot and you don't want to play OOP in a 3bet pot, 4bet pre some hands. KJs might be right there between calling and 4betting for me but if you are uncomfortable calling, make it 4 pre and go from there.

After calling pre, think about how you'd play your set, 2pair and most of your showdown value hands on A high. You usually call to let villain barrel and you don't check/raise Ax because it's not strong enough. If you want to not represent a draw here you should actually call his cbet, not raise. It's obviously a tougher spot, it's just something I wanted to point out.