BB ($0.56)
      UTG ($5.56)
      UTG+1 ($6.45)
      UTG+2 ($3.33)
      MP1 ($3.97)
      CO ($3.94)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.04, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.04, fold, BTN raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.48, fold, UTG calls $0.44, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.16) 7:spade: 7:club: 6:spade:

Hero bets $0.88, UTG calls $0.88

TURN ($2.92) 7:spade: 7:club: 6:spade: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $2.74, UTG calls $2.74

RIVER ($8.40) 7:spade: 7:club: 6:spade: 6:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero bets $1.64, UTG folds

I would love to hear what you think he had here!

I put him on 88+, weak suited aces, AJ+ on the flop, though rarely AJ+
      I think he would fold his AJ+ by the turn at least, staying in with something like TT+ and double spades.
      His fold on the river leads me to him having TT or a failed spade draw, but it seems crazy to call off 110bb chasing the flush! I know many don't consider the mathematics, but that turn bet is pretty juicy for anyone playing NL4...

Also what do you think about my sizings? and there's nothing to fear right?
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop 3betting is fine.

On the flop I'd bet a little bit smallish - like $0.7 and planning to bet on three streets.

On the turn I'd bet around $1.3-$1.4
      Our bet is huge and we can easily make a lot of worse hands to fold.
      $1.4 would give them quite a better price to call and call us on the river.

As played, shoving the river is fine.
      His fold is quite interesting here and I can't really put him on a hand at all. Usually, if he has even the flush draw, they call just to see the showdown so I can't really say what he could have here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • painterman007
      painterman007
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop 3betting is fine.

On the flop I'd bet a little bit smallish - like $0.7 and planning to bet on three streets.

On the turn I'd bet around $1.3-$1.4
      Do you think giving a better price for a draw is a good thing? Will it keep that many more weaker hands in? What happens if an Ace or a spade comes? A problem I have is that I continue barreling vs opponents after they have outdrawn me, and can just keep calling their whole stack in.

I've always been told to increase my bet sizes, and here I did. Is it too much or is it because of the board?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, in 3bet pots we have a smaller SPR so we can afford to make smaller bets.

In our case with these big bets we are just left betting 1/5 of the pot on the river and I don't think this is good hand planning.
      We can't really put the money on two streets so we have to be orientated to make such sizings that will allow us to to play on three streets.

If the turn is a spade I wouldn't be so scared, but if it is an ace I would probably shut down here.
      It's unlikely that worse hands would continue if we bet and those would probably be happy to check down.