Hero bets $0.70, BTN raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70

RIVER ($3.77) 4:diamond: 3:club: 2:club: T:diamond: 2:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

Hero shows 4:club: 3:diamond:
      (Pre 37%, Flop 22.4%, Turn 9.1%)

BTN shows 6:spade: 5:heart:
      (Pre 63%, Flop 77.6%, Turn 90.9%)

BTN wins $5.39

Weird hand. Can he have set of deuces on the flop? More likely FD who wants free card. That's the reason I decided to bet on T again. When he minr me again I'm afraid my hand is no good. I called because he might have some overpair and I'm still better. What do you think? A5 and 56 are possible but first hand probably raises preflop. He might have 32, 42, A4, random FD.

On the river I should have just folded because his overpairs are now ahead and I don't beat anything. Stupid stubborn call. ?(
  • 5 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Flop bet pot, when he reraises it's a hard spot because ax fds have a gutshot too. If he looks maniacish i would go broke if he is passive fish i would be careful.

The problem is i don't like calling flop just to donk turn.

Either b/c flop c/c turn c/c river, or raise broke flop. I honestly can't say without info.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      i would make pot bet to on flop. Sincerely i dont know how i would react on his flop raise.

we loose vs 22-44 vs A5 and 56.

Still i dont know if it is worth to invest all your stack for your freeplay. We didnt invest much so we van still play pot bet/fold flop.

But this is theory. In practice i see myself going broke and get mad :f_biggrin:
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I don't like going broke in freeplay hands like this. Sure our hand looks strong but after minr opponents show us mini-sets way too often. Problem here is I have 2 pair so that's so much less likely.

Seeing it now I would probably go for bet/call flop. On turn c/c. And on this river I think that's a fold. There are some arguments for raising and protecting against worse 2 pair or FD but against unknown it's just to play it safe way. :D
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi yax,

Preflop: looks fine, we can't really raise there to isolate.

Postflop: As you played it, just fold to the 2nd min raise. That line is almost never a bluff and I don't villain does it with random overpairs.

To begin with, as the other guys said, bet that flop bigger and if you are really keen on going with the hand do so on the flop. Doesn't make sense to call there and then donk again, what was the purpose of that?

What range did you assign villain on flop, turn and river?
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Doesn't make sense to call there and then donk again, what was the purpose of that?

What range did you assign villain on flop, turn and river?
      I put him on Ax hands (with pair), GS, FDs (mainly), overpairs. I agree second donk is not good but my feeling was that he minr to have free turn and river so I wanted to protect my relatively weak hand to draws. When he minr again I should of just folded the hand on the turn. River was just wtf call.