This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] J8 / stab at turn

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Good spot/bad spot? I wasn't expecting to see a set of tens so I'm glad I didn't take it any further than that.

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $13.47
      BB: $10.00
      CO: $13.53
      Hero (BTN): $10.33

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with J:heart: 8:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 4:heart: T:heart: 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.65) A:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB calls $0.35

River: ($1.35) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $1.35
      BB shows T:diamond: T:spade: (three of a kind, Tens)
      Hero mucks J:heart: 8:club:
      BB wins $1.29
      (Rake: $0.06)
  • 2 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Good spot but once he called he is on bluffcatch probably from the start and we have no idea when and if he lets it go, i would size the bet 2/3 pot to look standard and not induce a light call.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: If you are stealing a wide range (like it seems you are), especially 4 handed why not open smaller preflop? 2.5 or even 2 BB is better here than 3x as your steals have to work less often and you can also reduce the amount people 3-bet you to which allows you to call more 3-bets (of course not with this hand).

Postflop: As played, I'd cbet the flop despite the lack of equity because we can continue on a lot of turns.

As played the turn bet is fine and you should get plenty of better hands to fold and I would also most likely just check it back because his range has a fair amount of Ax (after turn) that won't fold.