BB ($11.39)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG+1 ($2.70)
      CO ($21.42)
      BTN ($9)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($0.80) 6:spade: 8:spade: 2:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $3, SB calls $1.70

TURN ($6.80) 6:spade: 8:spade: 2:diamond: 7:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $6.65 (AI), SB calls $6.65 (AI)

RIVER ($20.10) 6:spade: 8:spade: 2:diamond: 7:diamond: A:club:

SB shows 6:diamond: 6:heart:
      (Pre 52%, Flop 75.4%, Turn 84.1%)

Hero shows J:spade: A:spade:
      (Pre 48%, Flop 24.6%, Turn 15.9%)

SB wins $18.76

• 7 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I don't understand your re-raise on this flop? You have position and can evaluate on the turn. You must know on this limits c/r usually means very strong hand. If he folds to your 3b on this flop that means you were ahead and had better hand. He won't fold any pair here and if he has 2 pair or even set he will just shove and you have to fold.

His somewhat smallish raise seems strong but with overcards and FD nuts I would call him. When this turn comes I'm just giving up.

The way you played I don't understand what you expect he folds after your turn shove that he called flop with? Try to think if you have fold equity here. I think not.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Can you please explain your line here a bit and thought process?

What's his range look like when he ck/raises us small and then calls the 3-bet? What's that range looking like on the turn and do we think there is FE against a better hand?

I think if anything you will get him to fold a worse draw.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I actually made 2 hands like this i am really not sure about looking fishy so i suspended my play for the day the other one was this http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=228971.

I think flop cbet is standard however it is rather unlikely for pfa to sell that he actually hit here. When he reraised rather smallish that one didn't affect my decision that much he is on either draw,bluff,or set, ( tp, overpair too for value/protection )

I could call the bluff and the draw and could call the set too, so reraise broke was not a such a good idea at all, i can maybe fold his tp and overpair which would normally charge me a hefty price but my card is good enough to play the passive line paying the hefty price.

Flop raise is not the greatest but i at that moment probably overestimated his bluffs and especially his fd-s i could make them pay when they hit and if they don't i win too, but him pushing in all the money with a close to nothing is pretty tempting.

Once he just called flop he is either on draw and i want his money in or playing over or top pair obviously he didn't feel so confident about his card or he would have pushed allin on the flop with it, or he is a moron and trapping. Sadly 7 don't help much making him fold but combo draw could have made a pair.

There is a lot of guessing here, in short this play was based on i have vbet against fd-s can fold tp/over and set would be beaten 1/4 times and i have about 80 against flushes.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I doubt you can fold TP/Overpair here if he reraises them on the flop.

If you assume he can have bluffs or many semibluffs you can simply call and he will bluff the scare card often anyway (the flush).

Your PS turn shove is really overplayed IMO because I doubt you have too much fe and even hands like 99-TT picked up some draws and people at these limits don't like folding overpairs. And as I mentioned earlier you run the risk of chasing away some worse FDs.

So after that flop raise and bad turn I'd check behind and take a free card.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      So

b/c Flop
      c/c turn
      c/f river without improvement ?

I can't really figure out what really made me do these aggressive not very smart lines in the first place, it is a annoying to fight a bunch of unknowns regs (assumed by played tables) but all acting like maniacs so i guess i struggled keeping my standard play, and had to make a lot of guesses to estimate how could they play.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      So

b/c Flop
      c/c turn

I can't really figure out what really made me do these aggressive not very smart lines in the first place, it is a annoying to fight a bunch of unknowns regs (assumed by played tables) but all acting like maniacs so i guess i struggled keeping my standard play, and had to make a lot of guesses to estimate how could they play.
      b/c Flop
      c/c turn
      c/f river

Yep, on the turn your equity for hitting the flush has decreased and opponent could have any one pair beat so that renders your overcards pretty useless, I think we should be much more sceptical on the turn even if he is bluffing.

I had phases where I played some hands like this, shoving with top pair/draws. In retrospect it seemed pretty tilty/unfounded so you might want to re-evaluate your mental state if you think you're playing a bit out of line, and I think aggro players will particularly get under your skin at times.

I think you will find regs are a bit more aggressive at 0.05/0.1, if there's a lot of action/aggro play you can sit back for a while (fold hands you may otherwise play) and focus more on how they're playing whilst taking more analytical/detailed notes.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      So

b/c Flop
      c/c turn

If villain were to overplay draws or play aggro and 3-bet bluff your raise would be fine but at 10nl that doesn't happen often enough.

We also have these hands in our range to "balance" our value with semi-bluffs but at 10nl we don't need to "balance", especially against unknowns.

So my line would be call flop, and then decide on the turn what we do (either call or fold). If he checks turn to us I don't see a ton of value in a bet (and may force ourselves in a bet/call) so checking back for free card is fine.