NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.35)
      Hero ($18.01)
      CO ($3.65)
      BTN ($9.60)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:spade:

fold, BTN raises to $0.35, fold, Hero calls $0.25

FLOP ($0.75) 7:diamond: 8:club: Q:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.20, BTN raises to $2.77, Hero raises to $17.66 (AI), BTN calls $6.48 (AI)

TURN ($19.25) 7:diamond: 8:club: Q:club: J:heart:

RIVER ($19.25) 7:diamond: 8:club: Q:club: J:heart: 2:spade:

Hero shows A:heart: Q:spade:
      (Pre 8%, Flop 8.6%, Turn 4.5%)

BTN shows A:club: A:diamond:
      (Pre 92%, Flop 91.4%, Turn 95.5%)

BTN wins $18.25

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine, could consider 3-betting preflop for value 4 handed but we still would have to fold the 4-bet.

Postflop: As played why are we raising him on the flop? Without history here it's a bit light although your small reraise may induce him to make some lighter choice.

What do you think his range would be for going broke there, given the action?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I reraised him for value, he is rather aggressive and i wanted him to pay there could be many scary turn cards he could want, and i don't.

Once he reraised me it got pretty obvious either i fold to that or most likely going broke, so i shoved he about had the odds for the fd, i could have represented an fd inducing a light calldown with tp.

I don't seem to have that good of an eq for this. 37% if this is legit QQ+,88-77,AQs,KQs,Q8s-Q7s,87s,AcKc,AcJc,KcJc,AcTc,KcTc,QcTc,JcTc,Ac9c,Kc9c,Qc9c,Jc9c,Tc9c,Ac8c,Kc8c,Tc8c,9c8c,Ac7c,Ac6c,7c6c,Ac5c,6c5c,Ac4c,Ac3c,Ac2c,AQo,KQo,Q8o-Q7o,87o
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I reraised him for value, he is rather aggressive and i wanted him to pay there could be many scary turn cards he could want, and i don't.

Once he reraised me it got pretty obvious either i fold to that or most likely going broke, so i shoved he about had the odds for the fd, i could have represented an fd inducing a light calldown with tp.

I don't seem to have that good of an eq for this. 37% if this is legit QQ+,88-77,AQs,KQs,Q8s-Q7s,87s,AcKc,AcJc,KcJc,AcTc,KcTc,QcTc,JcTc,Ac9c,Kc9c,Qc9c,Jc9c,Tc9c,Ac8c,Kc8c,Tc8c,9c8c,Ac7c,Ac6c,7c6c,Ac5c,6c5c,Ac4c,Ac3c,Ac2c,AQo,KQo,Q8o-Q7o,87o
      His stats don't seem unusual (high cbet over small sample) so we shouldn't assume he can 3-bet bluff.

So because of that we can assume that our FE is minimal at best, when we shove.

This is a fine move with aggro image/history where you can expect villain to go broke with QK/QJ/QT/Q9 type hands but I doubt you will get a 3-bet out of those.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      How would you play it ?

Just call flop & turn, c/f river ?

r/f flop for thin value ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      How would you play it ?

Just call flop & turn, c/f river ?

r/f flop for thin value ?
      I'd most likely not end up in this situation because I'd 3-bet (fold) preflop. So then with initiative we cbet and go from there.

As played I'd ck/call and play the turn. That turn is not the greatest card but he still has hands that can bet and we are ahead of so calling again is fine. And same goes for the river (based on his bet sizes).