NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.70)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($10.72)
      UTG+1 ($18.78)
      CO ($10.12)
      BTN ($18.99)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, CO calls $1.65, fold

FLOP ($4.75) 9:heart: 3:club: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $4.20, Hero folds

CO wins $4.44

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: That's a pretty big squeeze, almost the size of a 4-bet. I'd probably make it smaller there to about 15-17 BB.

Postflop: As played even a $2 cbet could work wonders here. Were you afraid that he only has pairs in his range or why do we check?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I checked because he is aggressive and we do not need to turn our hand into a bluff nor we have a clear vbet either, i planned on c/c but reevaluated.

If you look at his stat we see him folded to cbets but it was not heads up 4bet pot ip and he is very aggressive. I often find fish fold to cbet misleading due to the fact they do most of the folding in huge multi pots.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I checked because he is aggressive and we do not need to turn our hand into a bluff nor we have a clear vbet either, i planned on c/c but reevaluated.

If you look at his stat we see him folded to cbets but it was not heads up 4bet pot ip and he is very aggressive. I often find fish fold to cbet misleading due to the fact they do most of the folding in huge multi pots.
      This guy is not necessarily a fish and it seems that you again default to making decisions based on no samples (unless you saw some showdowns with his aggression).

A $2 bet only has to work 30% of the time here and I doubt his range is made up of only PPs.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      True no need to judge him early, but if he is a reg then what kind of range would a reg have here ?

qq,jj,ak ? qq,ak ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      True no need to judge him early, but if he is a reg then what kind of range would a reg have here ?

qq,jj,ak ? qq,ak ?
      I'd go with TT+ (few KK/AA) and AQ/AK possibly some AJs/KQs.