This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 17 4 ak

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.70)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($10.72)
      UTG+1 ($18.78)
      CO ($10.12)
      BTN ($18.99)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, BTN calls $0.35, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, CO calls $1.65, fold

FLOP ($4.75) 9:heart: 3:club: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $4.20, Hero folds

CO wins $4.44

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: That's a pretty big squeeze, almost the size of a 4-bet. I'd probably make it smaller there to about 15-17 BB.

Postflop: As played even a $2 cbet could work wonders here. Were you afraid that he only has pairs in his range or why do we check?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I checked because he is aggressive and we do not need to turn our hand into a bluff nor we have a clear vbet either, i planned on c/c but reevaluated.

If you look at his stat we see him folded to cbets but it was not heads up 4bet pot ip and he is very aggressive. I often find fish fold to cbet misleading due to the fact they do most of the folding in huge multi pots.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I checked because he is aggressive and we do not need to turn our hand into a bluff nor we have a clear vbet either, i planned on c/c but reevaluated.

If you look at his stat we see him folded to cbets but it was not heads up 4bet pot ip and he is very aggressive. I often find fish fold to cbet misleading due to the fact they do most of the folding in huge multi pots.
      This guy is not necessarily a fish and it seems that you again default to making decisions based on no samples (unless you saw some showdowns with his aggression).

A $2 bet only has to work 30% of the time here and I doubt his range is made up of only PPs.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      True no need to judge him early, but if he is a reg then what kind of range would a reg have here ?

qq,jj,ak ? qq,ak ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      True no need to judge him early, but if he is a reg then what kind of range would a reg have here ?

qq,jj,ak ? qq,ak ?
      I'd go with TT+ (few KK/AA) and AQ/AK possibly some AJs/KQs.