Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($11.78)
      BB ($15.12)
      UTG ($16.76)
      CO ($11.09)
      BTN ($6.72)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:diamond:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, CO calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) 2:heart: T:club: Q:heart:

Hero bets $0.85, CO calls $0.85

TURN ($3.60) 2:heart: T:club: Q:heart: 7:heart:

Hero bets $2.25, CO calls $2.25

RIVER ($8.10) 2:heart: T:club: Q:heart: 7:heart: J:club:

Hero bets $3, CO calls $3

CO shows A:spade: J:heart:
      (Pre 26%, Flop 17.6%, Turn 6.8%)

Hero shows A:heart: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 74%, Flop 82.4%, Turn 93.2%)

Hero wins $13.16

I was not so sure he would go for a shove.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: Same as with the QT hand. Ideally OOP we 3-bet larger both because our range is usually stronger and because we are OOP and we don't want him getting a better price to call.

Postflop: Flop and turn looks fine.

And the river is close because JJ/AK get there (he shouldn't have a ton of AK but he may). The only hands we really get value from are KQ and that's it. What else do you see in his range that can call a river bet (or shove) there?
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      It would be nice not to show us results so we could think about the hand without seeing his actual hand.

I don't like your cbet amount, would go a bit higher like $1,25. There are many draws and out hand is not super strong.

On turn we get new draw and that's the reason I agree not betting too much. I would still go for a bit bigger bet to get the last value in case he misses river. Something between $2,40 and $2,70 would be better.

River is quite a bad card since there are some draws that came. I really like your block bet here since checking here might look like giving up. Facing big bet would be a tough decision here so betting is superior to checking.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: Same as with the QT hand. Ideally OOP we 3-bet larger both because our range is usually stronger and because we are OOP and we don't want him getting a better price to call.

Postflop: Flop and turn looks fine.

And the river is close because JJ/AK get there (he shouldn't have a ton of AK but he may). The only hands we really get value from are KQ and that's it. What else do you see in his range that can call a river bet (or shove) there?
      I could see him having qx or tx but most of the stronger ones actually made 2p, would you go for a vbet, and if you would how big ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I actually don't think he has a ton of Qx, besides QK, that we beat. Same for Tx.

However since he is fishier and doesn't like folding flop that much over the small sample I'd imagine he can show up with AT/KQ/KJ/AJ on the river so we could have a thin valuebet. So betting $3 is fine. It would most likely be a bet/fold despite the little money behind.

Checking doesn't make a lot of sense and we would need to ck/fold. And shoving may isolate us against the better part of his range.