hand evaluations

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      hi,

I used to get hand evaluations from here untill they took the elephant away, Iv been geting them done recently on pokerstars school online, by using the boom player and posting the link and question in there forum.

Is there any chance i can do this here as i dont know how else to get hand evaluations done now that elephant is gone, and i want pokerstrategys opinion on my hands rather than PSO.
  • 12 replies
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Not sure I understand exactly what you are after, but if you go to the hand evaluation forum theres alot of info about posting hands an example:

How to post a hand for discussion

I know you can also use the poskerstrategy sidekick as a tool for posting hands now as well, but havn't really looked into it, as I use HEM2 myself.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey LoKKK,

I would go with Resilence advice and use Sidekick :) The boom player takes time etc and I don't think it would be suitable for coaches who have x amount of hands to go through per day.

Thank you Resilence for your helpful post :)
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      I am also using HEM2 but I'm havving problems. For some reason when I convert them the flopp is missing and only shows betting. sometimes even the bet sizing and even the hands can be different. Any ideas??
      I replay on HEM2 click import hand and select the folder from my desk top. I then copy and paste this info into the hand converter here on PS, then it all goes tit's up. Very frustrating when I'm wanting important hands looked at.

Thanks,
      Zach
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zachrina
      I am also using HEM2 but I'm havving problems. For some reason when I convert them the flopp is missing and only shows betting. sometimes even the bet sizing and even the hands can be different. Any ideas??
      I replay on HEM2 click import hand and select the folder from my desk top. I then copy and paste this info into the hand converter here on PS, then it all goes tit's up. Very frustrating when I'm wanting important hands looked at.

Thanks,
      Zach
      You'll be glad to know there is a FAR easier way to upload hands here :)

How to post a hand for discussion

Scroll down the the HoldemManager 2 spoiler.

Once you've clicked the "Copy to clipboard" just paste it on the forums and its converted already. Test it in here if you like.
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Sorry to sound stupid but I don't see 'copy to clip board' on my HEM2 screen??
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zachrina
      Sorry to sound stupid but I don't see 'copy to clip board' on my HEM2 screen??
      Hi zachrina!

Just rightclick on the hand, click on view and then the window that pops up you'll see "copy to clipboard" in the bottom right corner.

Regards

RasTweet
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      also my replayer does not show the 'hand history' box??
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      I think I must be the worst ever with this stuff. Where do I find my hands when I have sent them to this clip board??
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      If you are using HEM1 you will see the 'hand history' box in your replayer.

If you are using HEM2 you won't see that box. With HEM2 you rightclick on the hand and then copy to your clipboard like explained in posts above.

Once you 'copied to clipboard' it will be copied. It's hard to explain where your hand is at that moment. But you can just paste you hand in the forums. Just press ctrl+v or rightclick and click on paste :D Easy as that!

Regards

RasTweet
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Tell me the screen you're on now (The tab at the top).

I'll make a quick print screen for you, if RasTweet's advice still confuses you :D
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Full Tilt, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $10 (100 bb)
      CO: $19.83 (198.3 bb)
      BTN: $10.10 (101 bb)
      SB: $9 (90 bb)
      BB: $14.37 (143.7 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10.15 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A A
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP folds, CO raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1, CO calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.15) 8 2 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.15) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.60, CO raises to $15.95, Hero calls $4.05

River: ($20.45) T (2 players)

Results:
      $20.45 pot ($1.36 rake)
      Final Board: 8 2 7 K T
      CO showed 8 6 and won $0.00 (-$10.15 net)
      Hero showed A A and won $19.09 ($8.94 net)

Cheers guys,
      Had a break then sorted it. I understand what you mean now when you said you could say where it was. As it's in copy and paste world!
      Thank you, now I can post hands with the spoiler thingy too (wondered how they did that.) Hand was against a top player as you can see, LOL. probably marginally less intelligent than myself!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Well done, we got there eventually :)

It is a little difficult to explain to someone even though its such a simple thing though, happy hand evaluations !