Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $5.03 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 3.9, Hands: 21586
      BB: $4.93 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 11
      UTG: $9.09 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 45
      CO: $5.76 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 29, 3B: 18, AF: 1.3, Hands: 35
      BTN: $18.34 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 22, 3B: 4, AF: 1.5, Hands: 67

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with A :spade: A :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BB calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.75) T :club: 9 :diamond: 4 :spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1, UTG calls $1, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($3.75) J :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, BB folds, UTG calls $1.80

River: ($7.35) 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Flop I just call, because if we raise here, only stronger will continue.

I'm not sure about my turn bet. At this point, we have about a pot bet left, but as the flop developed, I don't feel like shipping on the turn.

What you think would be the best turn line? TY
  • 6 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

"Flop I just call, because if we raise here, only stronger will continue.

Perhaps this is true.

I'm not sure about my turn bet. At this point, we have about a pot bet left, but as the flop developed, I don't feel like shipping on the turn."

The Turn got worse, and your relative hand strength with AA got worse on the Turn.

Using this logic, I think 3betting Flop makes much more sense than calling and then leading the Turn when your hand equity decreased.

It's a pretty nasty spot, and I would not lead. If it gets checked around then I would bet the River.

Thanks
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Hi mbml,

Yeah, this hand did my head in. I don't like my turn bet either, but if we check, do we play check/fold? The pot is already so big, so we can't really check/call much.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      It's really tough. I think it's probably a check/fold due to the coordination of the board. If UTG has Tx I expect him to check back the Flop very often when the Jack overcard comes on the Turn.

I'm starting to think that 3betting Flop might just be the better play. I am not too worried about UTG having me beat, he can have so many TX on the Flop given that he is a loose passive player. So my main concern is the BB. And if he is capable of raising the Flop either for thin value or as a bluff, then I think 3betting seems to be the better option with AA.

So I'll probably go with that.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      It's really tough. I think it's probably a check/fold due to the coordination of the board. If UTG has Tx I expect him to check back the Flop very often when the Jack overcard comes on the Turn.

I'm starting to think that 3betting Flop might just be the better play. I am not too worried about UTG having me beat, he can have so many TX on the Flop given that he is a loose passive player. So my main concern is the BB. And if he is capable of raising the Flop either for thin value or as a bluff, then I think 3betting seems to be the better option with AA.

So I'll probably go with that.

Well, when a sandwiched BB raised my CB 3-handed, I didn't really think: "oh, this guy must be bluffing!" :f_biggrin:

So you think that we should 3B-shove here, and expect OESD and TP to come along? Still seems a bit too optimistic for me, tbh.

Cuz even if we expect BB to bluff, isn't re-bluffing him is kinda a waste of a decent made hand?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      of course if i say to 3b, i mean to do it for value. if not there's really no point in 3betting the flop.

it's a tough spot for sure. the good thing is that he made a min-raise, which may be the nuts or some weak raise. ultimately it's just really tough to play OOP vs 2 players.

"So you think that we should 3B-shove here, and expect OESD and TP to come along? Still seems a bit too optimistic for me, tbh."

I will never recommend this play at higher limits where players are more solid. But when you are playing NL5 where people do stuff without too much thought, I think it is very possible for BB to raise TX/QJ here and stack off.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Oh, I see. Yeah, for value it's kinda dodgy as well, but might work on NL5, no doubt.

Thanks!