Gold
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players

BB: $16.68 (33.4 bb)
      Hero (MP): $98.75 (197.5 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $65.31 (130.6 bb)
      SB: $68.09 (136.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K A
      Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BTN raises to $5, 2 folds, Hero raises to $10.50, BTN calls $5.50

Flop: ($21.75) K 9 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, BTN calls $7

Turn: ($35.75) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $17.50, Hero calls $17.50

River: ($70.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $30.31 and is all-in, Hero calls $30.31

Anon table.

Small sample on BTN, looked like a TAG.

Without more info I wasnt sure that he 3bet/5bets with a wider range BTN vs MP for 130bb, so my play was 4bet/fold preflop. Sizing sucks though...

On the flop I decided that I wont fold my hand, if he has AA/KK/99/44, it's fine. But if I bet 3 streets, not much worse could call me down, maybe only KQ.
      So my plan was to cbet small, and then let him float with a wider range (AQ/QJs/JTs etc.). River is not the best card, cause JT got straight now, but I decided not to fold.
      What do you think?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I prefer calling the 3-bet. 4bet/fold is only a good plan when you think he calls a ton of worse hands like AQ KQ 78s etc.

Flop: I think a 1/3 pot size bet is fine. We can expect him to float all the gutshot broadways here like QTs JTs QJs.

Turn: Now we need to compare EV of checking to induce vs these broadway floats, vs betting for value vs KJ and KQ. I think given that you have an additional 15$ in stacks over the usual 100bb 50$, I prefer betting here (you will be left with ~pot size bet left on river and you can just shove).

Here we are left with 47.50 so I think it is fine to just bet 12 again and then shove the River.

As played I am definitely not folding as I'm assuming that AK is close to the nuts.

I agree it's kind of hard to go for 3 streets but it's also kind of hard to induce entire stacks, when we have so little info. And if he has JTs QJs etc, he would also have KTs and KJs and perhaps even K9s which basically increases potential top pair hands which can hero call 3 streets

Thanks.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      Hey, thanks for the detailed answer.

Originally posted by mbml
      Preflop: I prefer calling the 3-bet. 4bet/fold is only a good plan when you think he calls a ton of worse hands like AQ KQ 78s etc.
      I dont really have a 3bet-calling range oop, but maybe it's time to open one, especially in cases being a bit deeper...

Originally posted by mbml
      Here we are left with 47.50 so I think it is fine to just bet 12 again and then shove the River.
      With this sizing maybe we can induce something as well from gutshots, right?

He showed up with T:h9, so inducing worked out, but you're right that with such little info it's hard to expect him to bluff his 130bb stack away... :)