[NL20-NL50] NL25sh-77 set and drawy board

• urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Hello
      EP-79/29/1.8/300h/cbet flop 69(32)
      What you think about Turn and River bet sizes?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $44.63 (178.5 bb)
      SB: $33.94 (135.8 bb)
      BB: $26.59 (106.4 bb)
      MP: $30.54 (122.2 bb)
      CO: $27.32 (109.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7 7
      MP raises to $1, CO folds, Hero calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 7 9 K (2 players)
      MP bets $1, Hero raises to $3.55, MP calls $2.55

Turn: ($9.45) T (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $6.30, MP calls $6.30

River: ($22.05) 5 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $7, MP calls $7
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by urmo1
      Hello
      Hey,

So are those his stats from early position? Or are those the general stats of the early position opener?

T is obviously a terrible card. Since this guy appears somewhat loose over this sample size, it seems there are more 2 pair combos in his range, like KT,97,9T,T7 which might not be in a tighter players UTG range.

Against a tighter player your main source of value is going to be from Kx. Some of the time one card flush-draws - but the combos of these are limited because opponent likely needs a pair/draw to get past the flop. So against a tighter player I'd pick a smaller bet size, because if he folds Kx + all the lower clubs it's unlikely betting will be profitable aside from protecting your hand.

This guy looks loose/bad though so your turn bet is fine. As for river it really depends on villain; you might even be able to go bigger. Perhaps he raises flushes on turn and his range is a bunch of pair/2pair combos + occasional straight. I don't see anything too wrong with this hand, can you give more info on villain?
    • urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Hello
      EP stats was looser but sample is small
      EP position - 91/53(32 samples)
      I dont have more information - seems big Fish.

Originally posted by w34z3l
      Originally posted by urmo1
      Hello
      Hey,

So are those his stats from early position? Or are those the general stats of the early position opener?

T is obviously a terrible card. Since this guy appears somewhat loose over this sample size, it seems there are more 2 pair combos in his range, like KT,97,9T,T7 which might not be in a tighter players UTG range.

Against a tighter player your main source of value is going to be from Kx. Some of the time one card flush-draws - but the combos of these are limited because opponent likely needs a pair/draw to get past the flop. So against a tighter player I'd pick a smaller bet size, because if he folds Kx + all the lower clubs it's unlikely betting will be profitable aside from protecting your hand.

This guy looks loose/bad though so your turn bet is fine. As for river it really depends on villain; you might even be able to go bigger. Perhaps he raises flushes on turn and his range is a bunch of pair/2pair combos + occasional straight. I don't see anything too wrong with this hand, can you give more info on villain?