[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Overpair JJ

• angrymob
      Blinds 10c/25c

First sorry I can't convert the handhistory because I play at a Pokernetwork that is not supported by texasgrabem.
      Nevertheless I hope you can help me.

Hero in BB ( $26.02)
      Villain in SB($27.27) ( VP$IP:45.24%,Pfraise:7.94%,PF-Coldcall:22.22%,Flop-aggr:3.47)

Preflop: Hero is BB with JsJh
      SB(villain) calls $0.15, Hero raised to $1.00,Villain calls $1.00

Flop: 2h , 5c , 6d (2 players)
      Villain Bets $2.00, Hero Raised to $6.00

Turn: 2s (2 players)
      Villain Bets $15.75,Hero folds ( nearly potsized bet,which made me think...)

Was that the right play?

• 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      hi angrymob,

Welcome to the NL forum.

I would just call his potsize raise on the flop.
      Since by raising you don't accomplish basically nothing than saying that you have overpair. If he holds set and he is smart then he'll just call, but other players would also 3-bet or shove and then you're at very difficult decision if you should shove or fold. And i'm not happy getting my money all-in on that board.
      Turn you're probably beaten unless player likes to bluff here. So I'd also fold.
      Remember not to protect your hand with your stack. That means getting it all in on that board with overpair. You have position and can decide on later streets if you want to play for stacks.
    • Balanarm
      This situation depends on your reads on the opponent so much, to 3bet seems ok on the flop, if you have agressive image at the table. After raising you at least know where are you at and you you should not invest any more money to this hand imo. If you got for pot control like Kaitz20 advised, you will loose the same amount of moeny probably or even more: call flop, call turn, call river adequate bets, it's more than 6$? Or call flop, check-check turn and probably call river, the same 6$, but you didn't let him fold his OESD?
    • Kaitz20
      Why should I check back the turn if he checks to me.
      I havent seen players firing 3 bluff barrels into pf raiser, so I'd often fold river.