This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [Sh] Nl5 44 17-01-13

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1 (20 bb)
      UTG: $5 (100 bb)
      MP: $5.99 (119.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5.12 (102.4 bb)
      BTN: $3.21 (64.2 bb)
      SB: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4 4
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, BTN calls $0.17, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.41) 6 3 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.41) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

River: ($1.01) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.01, BTN calls $1.01

Hi, my play might have been flawed here...

Flop:
      Was rather sure the flop hit his range, and the opponement seemed loose (40/0 - 5 hands) so decided against bluffing(semi) here.

Turn:
      As he seemed uninterested in the flop, I decided to try and take down the pot, I only had a few outs.

River:
      Not sure, but really felt villain was doing this with a set, so made a rather large value bet.
      Not sure I would have folded to this villain if he shoved the river.

Would it be a b/f?
      Or b/shove still fine vs this guy, only have 5hands on him but seemingly loose.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

I don't mind checking the flop. Our hand is rather weak and also he has position on us, so checking is just fine.

Once the flop goes check/check, I definitely prefer to check the turn as well. We have SD value and yet this card connects with the board pretty decent.

I don't like your river sizing at all here.
      Board is quite heavy, we have the lower end of the straight (plus flush possible) and I'm thinking of betting like 1/2 pot and folding to a raise.
      I doubt that if he raises here he will have worse.

Best,
      Plamen