Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: J:club:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 7:club: 5:diamond: 9:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 5.6 BB, UTG calls 5.6 BB

Turn: (18.7 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 14 BB, UTG calls 14 BB

River: (46.7 BB, 2 players) T:heart:
      UTG bets 35 BB, Hero calls 35 BB

UTG shows A:diamond: T:club: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 56%, Flop 74%, Turn 86%)
      Hero shows K:club: J:club: (Straight, Jack High) (Pre 44%, Flop 26%, Turn 14%)
      Hero wins 110.9 BB

3 hands VPiP 100.

Is my call preflop bad? I call to hit straight, or flush, and sometimes I hit KJ and might win, but have to play carefully.

Postflop: Is it ok to barrel with overcards when he shows weakness? I think he can do that with middle pair, PP, or AQ, AK which I plan to make to fold with 3rd barrel.

Is river call ok? I think it is either bluff or Jx, so bluff doesnt call anymore, and Jx split and JQ wins.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Preflop: Considering that villain seems fishy (stack size) or a mid stack of sorts I we can also 3-bet (fold) here.

Postflop: As played what do you think his ck/call flop range is?

Do we have any FE (against better hands) on that turn? Do we get called by much worse?

I would check that turn back and play the river.

As played the river call is fine but you can also put him all in given his smaller stack. I doubt he will fold anything that he bets for value there.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      He calls with fd, straight draw, 5x, 7x, 9x, 44, 33, 22, which I all planned to fold with barreling.
      Turn was bad card, but I barreled one more time with additional outs, and planned to check back river and hope to win against missed fd, on turn 9x, 7x 5x should fold.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      He calls with fd, straight draw, 5x, 7x, 9x, 44, 33, 22, which I all planned to fold with barreling.
      Turn was bad card, but I barreled one more time with additional outs, and planned to check back river and hope to win against missed fd, on turn 9x, 7x 5x should fold.
      Considering villains stack size we can assume he is fishy. Can we realistically expect him to ck/fold it there? Even 7x would be a stretch vs unknown fishy guy.