[NL20-NL50] 50fr 75o BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $47.91 (95.8 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $37.65 (75.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5 7
      CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.50) T 5 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.13, BTN raises to $2.50, SB folds, Hero calls $1.37

Turn: ($6.50) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

River: ($19.50) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $19.50 pot ($1.07 rake)
      Final Board: T 5 7 2 Q
      BTN showed 3 K and won $18.43 ($8.93 net)
      Hero showed 5 7 and lost (-$9.50 net)

VPIP: 35, PFR: 13, 3B: 2, AF: 4,1, Hands: 131

Bet value/protection, he minraises me.
      Now at this point given his AF I think he really could have anything.
      He has reasons to raise me with a big hand, with a top pair, and with draws.

Given the fact I'm on BB on unraised pot and he min-raised me, I just decide for pot control and call.

On Turn he bets potsize, making me exclude a flush from his range, as usually high AF fish like to slowplay monsters.
      Thought of something like AT, draws.

Therefore I call continuing my pot control / bluff catching.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi AtrociousN,

Preflop: looks fine, we can't really iso raise this.

Postflop: I would just pot it and to be honest I would double check his aggression by street (we can take a look at how often he raises bets as well).

This is a board where our hand is very weak. There a ton of better hands that can raise here for value and even his semibluffs have strong equity versus us.

On top of that it's a limped pot and my rule is to play smalls pots with small hands in limped pots.

I disagree with you that we should discount flushes because he can have a lot of the weaker ones (not necessarily the nut fd). Nut flushes can be discount a lot more often.

So with that being said I'd bet/fold flop or turn versus fishy guys in these spots (without specific reads or knowing he is a complete maniac and raises random hands like Tx, etc.)