[NL20-NL50] NL25sh-QQ 3b pot and K high flop

• urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Hello
      BTN-37/25/1.8/20k h/fold to resteal 47/fold to cbet in 3b pot 59/CC 3bet 8.6
      I have problems on that sort of spots.
      I have showdown value hand and Over card on flop.
      If opponent fold less than 50% of cbet in 3b pot.
      Then check-call? Or bet smaller flop / turn if board have some draws and opponent preflop 3bet calling range is like 5%+?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $33.49 (134 bb)
      Hero (BB): $29.95 (119.8 bb)
      CO: $43.32 (173.3 bb)
      BTN: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      CO folds, BTN raises to $1.12, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.80, BTN calls $2.68

Flop: ($7.70) 5 K 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, BTN calls $4

Turn: ($15.70) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.75, Hero folds
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

There are 2 ways of approach this spot:

1. Your hand is good enough to bluffcatch and you 'protect' your check/calling range with a few combos of Kx like KJ, KQ, maybe 1-2 of AK so the top of your check/calling range beats the top of his... Yes, sometimes he can have 55, 33, but so few combos and not that common in this spot really.

2. Your hand is too weak to bluffcatch so you include it in your cbetting range. Remember you play a range so just because QQ doesn't get huge value, your whole range betting here is still ahead enough of his to get value plus JJ, TT, A5s, etc peel one and might not turn into a bluff later.

To compare these approaches you need to know how floaty or barrel happy your opponent is vs a check and vs a bet. I'd take the line where he is more passive vs me so I can get to showdown. I usually checked most QQ combos here and did well at NL25 and NL50 since people bet 1-2 streets and gave up. You can also include some QQ in check, some in bet range... bet non spades like you have here since you cannot improve, your hand only gets worse and cannot withstand barrels, while QsQx will improve and can call more often on turn and river.