NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($19.20)
      BB ($19.70)
      UTG ($13.91)
      UTG+1 ($20.08)
      CO ($13.08)
      Hero ($20)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:diamond:

UTG calls $0.20, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, BB raises to $2.60, fold, Hero calls $1.80

FLOP ($5.50) 3:club: 4:club: J:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.80, BB raises to $17.10 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $10.55

UTG: 56/17/2.1

notes:

opne in MP 3bb w AQ, cbet 1/2 Q64ss in 3way, cbet 1/2 2, check 6 when BD FD posible - SMALL VALUE BETS WITH STRONG HAND
      call vs steal in SB, cehck 9xxfd, c/c after thinking T, c/f 2 to 2/3 - LONG THINKING BEFORE CALLING DELAY CBET - WEAK

This is interesting what thise c/r is meaning. It does not make much sense, only a bluff. On the other hand his c/r is low, so again this should not be bluff. But is my bet ok? He is having low wtsd so should work, and I have few outs, but also those outs might not be good, becuase they helpt to his range a lot.

In regular pots as the note shows he is betting small with strong hand on drawy board. Could be same in 3bet pot maybe. Only the problem is that my hand is weak, so I don't want to bluf catch on flop.

And about preflop - he is on tighter side. I don't remember exact dinamics, but I think I was isolating UTG fish a lot, so he could make lighter 3bet.

Edit:
      filtered his hands where he did 3bet and there is showdown:
      he 3beted IP w AA, cbet 1/2 756fd and call allin but he was having 13$ at nl20 table.
      But with strong hand he still bets - as this hand also shows.
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I hope you are not thinking about hero-calling.

I would just fold preflop, given that he has such a strong 3-betting range. Don't forget that you are not stealing, but you are iso-raising a fish. So your range is significantly stronger than if you were just opening. I don't expect him to be too light here and his 3-bet size is also on the large side.

Of course against a more aggressive opponent I would just call since AQs is pretty much one of the best hands to call a 3bet with, given that it has flush and straight and high pair potential.

On the Flop, I think he reps a flush draw most of the time with this line. I'm not too sure whether you should stab or not. Seems like a board where I would expect people to just cbet as a bluff. And if he does check AK, he may not necessarily check/fold with AK so I don't like betting here without a clear plan on the Turn and River.

What would you have done? 2-3barrel?

Thanks.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      What would you have done? 2-3barrel?

If he has called flop, I would not be sure if I can barrel turn, so I think I would not do it, because I can be easily vs his tight 3bet range slow playing weirdly somehging. Like AJ, QQ+. Maybe he thinks that he gets more value from bluffcatching. Withoug info I would not want to risk.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yeah i agree that you probably shouldn't multi-barrel with no equity. But I also think given that you are not even sure whether he is c/f-ing or not, I would not even bet the Flop.

This is unlike other coordinated board textures which just hit the caller's range harder - Then we can expect villain to bet his strong hands more often and check/fold the majority of the time with his air. In such scenarios, then betting and hoping to take the pot down makes much more sense.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Silver
      ut I also think given that you are not even sure whether he is c/f-ing or not, I would not even bet the Flop.

When I saw check from him I was thinking its a give up when he has wtsd 20. I was thinking he has to bet with strong hands. So it looks like cleard give up. But the problem is his preflop range, so this made me unsure.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i don't think the WTSD is a very good indication of whether someone is check/folding the flop or not.

You'll need the check/fold stat which I don't think is available for holdem manager 1.

Rather, we should just use our logical deduction.
      -Is the board dry? Would villain cbet most of his bluffs there?
      -Does villain ever checks his air on the Flop and folds to a bet? Does he have any reason to do so?