[NL2-NL10] 55 set IP

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed.
      villain is good reg, capable of c/r and barreling.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($24.44)
      BB ($3.50)
      UTG ($10.38)
      Hero ($11.74)
      CO ($10.15)
      BTN ($14.29)

Dealt to Hero 5:heart: 5:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) 2:spade: 6:spade: 5:club:

SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.60

TURN ($3.90) 2:spade: 6:spade: 5:club: T:club:

SB bets $2.60, Hero calls $2.60

RIVER ($9.10) 2:spade: 6:spade: 5:club: T:club: 5:spade:

SB bets $4.55, Hero raises to $7.24 (AI), SB folds

Hero shows 5:heart: 5:diamond:

Hero wins $16.99

My bad play is a result of having history with him and he didn't show me super bad hands. He's capable of making moves but doesn't go broke lightly.

I go for smaller r on the flop to induce his reraise. When that works and he min3b I was like :f_confused: I only call to raise turn again.

I don't know why I didn't raise him on the turn. It looks like he has a hand since he decides to put sizeable bet. We're too deep for me just to shove right? To which amount would you advise raising?

I was lucky on the river but if :spade: comes I'm lost and don't know what to do.

I guess I should play it faster.
      Flop raise to $1,20. When he reraises I should reraise him 2,5x. He might go broke with overpairs or some good FD.
      If I miss value on flop I should definitely raise on turn and try to get the money in as soon as possible.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: We should definitely look at raising larger for pure value on this type of flop. It's low, somewhat connected and has a potential FD so lot's of hands that he can go with.

Once he 3-bets us we should 4-bet and look at getting in before scare cards come down and kill our action.

The way you played you minimize the value you can get from the hand. For example draws may never get there and he won't put all the money in or overcards/scarecards come down and his flop overpairs are now just weak hands so he will fold (like in this case here).

So simply go for value value value especially vs unknown that shows you strength.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Lets take this line like it played out.

He donks 40c on the flop.
      I raise to $1,20?
      Let's say he decides to minr to $1,80.
      I should 4b to $5? Or even more? We're 120bb deep so it's not so easy to get it in on the turn.

If I built a pot on the flop and he donked on the turn again it would be definitely easier to get it in. But if I 4b more he probably wouldn't donk bluff me since pot is relatively big.