BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BTN calls $0.30 , fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.95) A:heart: 3:club: J:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.65, BTN calls $0.65 , BB folds

TURN ($2.25) A:heart: 3:club: J:spade: 6:club:

Hero bets $1.55, BTN raises to $8.78 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $5

My play seems super weak but seeing hands after analyzing and reading comments from you guys I made this play.
      If I play always this way it wouldn't be ok but folding now and then is not so bad right?.

I was thinking I can only hope to split but most likely he has AK or AJ or maybe A6. What's weird is this board is so dry that 2 pair combos are not that likely. And his play is weird. If he has set/ 2 pair ...would he play this way? Would he bluff with KK, QQ, I think not. Despite his line doesn't make sense I said to myself you have to fold this kind of hand from time to time.

Why I like this hand is that today nobody played this kind of line only this guy. So I'm kind of proud of this fold:)

Does anything change if we had AK?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey yaxkukmian,

As for the likelihood of 2 pair combos it really depends on how he is playing pre-flop. If he is playing very loose he can have any 2 pair combo.

I don't think having AK changes much in this spot - because I don't think he's playing AK like this. More than likely his shove is for value and he has spiked 2pair or hit a set.

If villain turns out to be wild and crazy, then obviously you can call. Without further info I'd fold to turn shove though.