This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ playing weak

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.21)
      BB ($11.97)
      UTG ($4.35)
      Hero ($7.50)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BTN calls $0.30 , fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.95) A:heart: 3:club: J:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.65, BTN calls $0.65 , BB folds

TURN ($2.25) A:heart: 3:club: J:spade: 6:club:

Hero bets $1.55, BTN raises to $8.78 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $5

My play seems super weak but seeing hands after analyzing and reading comments from you guys I made this play.
      If I play always this way it wouldn't be ok but folding now and then is not so bad right?.

I was thinking I can only hope to split but most likely he has AK or AJ or maybe A6. What's weird is this board is so dry that 2 pair combos are not that likely. And his play is weird. If he has set/ 2 pair ...would he play this way? Would he bluff with KK, QQ, I think not. Despite his line doesn't make sense I said to myself you have to fold this kind of hand from time to time.

Why I like this hand is that today nobody played this kind of line only this guy. So I'm kind of proud of this fold:)

Does anything change if we had AK?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey yaxkukmian,

As for the likelihood of 2 pair combos it really depends on how he is playing pre-flop. If he is playing very loose he can have any 2 pair combo.

I don't think having AK changes much in this spot - because I don't think he's playing AK like this. More than likely his shove is for value and he has spiked 2pair or hit a set.

If villain turns out to be wild and crazy, then obviously you can call. Without further info I'd fold to turn shove though.