This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 18 4 aq

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.88)
      BB ($4.32)
      BTN ($15.59)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:heart:

BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, fold, BTN calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.10) 8:spade: T:spade: A:heart:

Hero bets $1.05, BTN calls $1.05

TURN ($4.20) 8:spade: T:spade: A:heart: 3:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($4.20) 8:spade: T:spade: A:heart: 3:heart: T:heart:

Hero bets $2.50, BTN raises to $5, Hero raises to $7.50, BTN calls $2.50

Hero shows A:diamond: Q:heart:
      (Pre 59%, Flop 82.1%, Turn 75.0%)

BTN shows K:heart: J:heart:
      (Pre 41%, Flop 17.9%, Turn 25.0%)

BTN wins $18.20

I meant the last 7,50 raise as an ai just max button is a piece of cr*p
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What hands do you expect villain to check back turn with and raise river?

If we are bluffcatching at that point (which I think we are) why are we shoving that river on him?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yeah it's true he could have tx,aq, why would he raise ax in the first place, but one thing is sure he has a lot of them and a8 a3 got worse. He is not really beating us unless with set or tx.

Btw my plan was c/r on the turn, would you go for bbb ? I think i would in hindsight but at that moment i might have percieved him as agroo.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Yeah it's true he could have tx,aq, why would he raise ax in the first place, but one thing is sure he has a lot of them and a8 a3 got worse. He is not really beating us unless with set or tx.

Btw my plan was c/r on the turn, would you go for bbb ? I think i would in hindsight but at that moment i might have percieved him as agroo.
      I'd prefer the bet line here but based on our line it doesn't make a lot of sense for him to try to bluff the river or raise there with Ax hand.

So that's why I said that shoving makes no sense really and he can have both the flush and Tx because of his turn line. Many don't bet Tx because it's a bluffcatcher and they don't bet the draw because they are afraid of a raise.