This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The Challenge - Turning $25 into $1,000

• ChipBossUp
      ChipBossUp
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, my presentation can be viewed through this link

This year my main Challenge will be turning $25 into $1,000 playing poker tournaments with start date scheduled before February 1, and duration of +/- 6 months.

I'm still considering what is the best room I enroll and start, I thank tips about the room should I choose to start this journey.

Interested?

I'll explain then what is this challenge!

- Banca initial $25 and zero points.

- Statute starting a room online.

- Only count towards the challenge of multi-table tournaments.

- At the end of the challenge, I'll do a private tournament between $50 and $100 for my supporters if successfully completed.

- The challenge before the day begins 01/02/2013 and ends when it reaches $1000+, or when the end of August (ie, I have about 6 months to complete my goal).

What will I play?

- I'll start with: SNG from 30/45/50 up to $3 (depending on the room where i start'm still undecided) and MTTs (including satellites to major events) up to $3;

Bankroll Management?

- The idea is to play with 40 buy-ins and descend/ascend barely reaches the 40 buy-ins of the previous/next. Since the $25 initial is the risk period in which I have just 25BI for tournaments up to $1 (lowest so even if you opt for the Stars), and ideally reach $120 ASAP (40BI $3), and until DON's ponder playing cash games or just to get to $40. Accepted suggestions/criticisms about bankroll management is a priority for this challenge fails

- Then when the bank grow and is at about $200/$250 I'll add MTTs/SNGs up to $6 to my work plan, and later when you get to the $500+ I want to focus exclusively on MTTs up to $15 until the end of my objective.

- I'll put some hands you have doubts or find interesting. If beginners like me in these wanderings of MTTs, we can learn together, now they are more experienced can help me!

- I will do this challenge in multi-table tournaments, because it is a format that I want to learn and think it's more interesting for who is next.

Here I put a daily update, with the balance of the day and the daily evolution of banking.

I appreciate all your criticisms and/or suggestions.

Regards, John "ChipBossUp''
  • 33 replies