[NL20-NL50] NL25sh-AQvs regular 3bet

• urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Hello
      BB-21/17/Resteal total 13/fold to 4bet 50/4k h
      cbet on 3b pot 67(12)
      first hand vs opponent / what you think about calling to keep bluff hands in pot.
      And some history about player.
      5bet shove bb 98s 100bb vs hero co steal

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $25 (100 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      Hero raises to $0.62, BB raises to $2.25, Hero calls $1.63

Flop: ($4.50) 8 A 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($9) T (2 players)
      BB bets $4.25, Hero calls $4.25

River: ($17.50) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero folds
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

4betting should be one of your options preflop, especially when this is heads up. I would 4bet bluff a lot and also 4bet AQ for value. But flatting is fine if you don't expect him to jam too wide preflop or if you have not established any dynamic. Given your note that he jammed 98s, you must def 4bet this for value IMO.

On the Flop, same thing. if you have not established any flop raising dynamic, there is really no point in raising. Just call down and hope he bluffs.

I'm not too sure what he has on the River. AK block betting? Or 2pairs and a set? I don't think he bluffs too often with this size and I think he checks one pair hands a lot.

So question is whether we can get away with jamming to rep JX. I think it's possible, we rep QJ JT a fair bit when we float the Flop, maybe some KdJd too. Giving up is fine too as well. I wouldn't like a call cos I think we are beat here almost always. If he wanted to bluff he probably makes a larger bet. My guess is that he's making a thin value bet with 6X or a non-straight but I could be wrong. Maybe he thinks you are bluffy?

Thanks.