This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 AQo 18-01-13

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.51 (30.2 bb)
      UTG: $1.88 (37.6 bb)
      MP: $5.13 (102.6 bb)
      CO: $4.78 (95.6 bb)
      BTN: $0 (0 bb)
      Hero (SB): $1.78 (35.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      UTG raises to $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, BTN calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.45) T Q K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BTN calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.25) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.95, BTN raises to $3.98, Hero folds

Hi, all sorry for the stack sizes not displaying correctly, we where both slight deep I prolly had $ 5.23 him about the same...

Anyways my problem is not really the mistakes I did here or well I guess it is, but however I seem to be doing such lines quite oftent, completely not thinking about what he calls me with..
      Cbetting with only a bluff catcher, on a very drawy board. if he bluffed me here well nice bluff :P anyways I think he represents JJ very well, he could ofcause have called with broadways which I'm easily dominated by...

Anyways...

Preflop:
      Decided to squeze here oR seemed weak, and a few tight ppl was interested in the pot, but showed weakness by calling might be low PP's made my hand look strong...

Flop:
      Wasn't to happy about hitting my pair here, but it also domniates weaker pp's which could call me preflop, so continued my story, but with to few outs :P

Turn:
      Well here I think is my biggest mistake, if he has a hand here, which he represent very strongly, it just got better :f_cry:
      Now why on earth did I cbet here, it just got worse....

should c/f and let him have it.... (costly but perhaps learnfull I hope)

These things usually happen after I've had a rather good run then loosing to a shorty with best hand preflop so I assume I'm tilting here. Please help me correct it...

Not even sure it was a smart fold as the odds are quite good now :f_confused:

Villain: (even his calling range is tight :P )
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Resilence

Flop:
      Wasn't to happy about hitting my pair here, but it also domniates weaker pp's which could call me preflop, so continued my story, but with to few outs :P
      There is nothing inherently wrong with cbetting here. You have a pair and may get called by worse. My preferred line is check/call. Opponent can bet a lot wider than he can call, and you have a solid bluff-catcher. It's true the board is drawy, but you have a gutshot yourself, and you have back-door protection vs club-flushes.

Your turn bluff is ok, but a lot of your opponents flop-call range has pairs/2pair/flush-draws that he may get stubborn with. He can also actually have a Jx. Check/fold is fine, and lower variance too.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      hmm wasn't exactly the answer I expected :P

but I'm happy it wasn't all bad :)

However it's still a bet fold right? I need like 23% equity and I only think I have 10ish here?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Resilence
      However it's still a bet fold right? I need like 23% equity and I only think I have 10ish here?
      Pretty clear bet fold. He nearly always has a jack. In which case you are drawing dead to a J which hits river 6% of the time.