defending the blinds passively OOP

• mkjmkjmkj
      mkjmkjmkj
      Bronze
      i play nl25
      i dont defend passively in the blinds very often unless it BB vs SB where i have position and can call pretty wide.
      often is the best play to 3bet in these situaion but i would like to be more confiedent when i do defend passively OOP. im not really sure what my plan should be postflop unless the villain dont Cbet much and fold to a lot of turn probe bets then its easy. but most people cbet a decent amount i think. i have tried checkraise a decent amount but that doesent seem to have worked that well but maybe its just a small sample i dont know. i havent tried donking that much so i dont know how that would work.

my question is on what boards should i be fighting back im not sure.
      the broad way cards should hit my range better since a stealing range has a lot of garbage
      but at the same time my range is capped and i cant be super strong either.
      should i try donking on broadway cards?

is my main goal mostly to hit a good hand like toppair and bluff catch or is it more to make villain fold his wide range by check raising or donking.

what should my checkraising donking and calling frequency be like as a solid baseline.
      so mostly some general advise and also some more specific against the most commen player types you meet at the table.

i asking this because i think i would try to go some limits down play the blinds very passively to get some experiens in doing so try some different things out and get a decent samplesize i can evaluate. but i would like some advice first.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      With Ace high, you can call many dry blankish flops

You can also bluff checkraise whenever you have stuff like backdoors + overcards. So for example KsQh on 9h6h3s, I would c/r this board some of the time especially vs someone who cbets a wide range and folds very often to raises.

I won't be too worried about having capped ranges.
      1) While capped, your range is still stronger than BU's range
      2) If he barrels a lot, you just bluff catch a lot.
      3) At NL25 they won't abuse u too hard.
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      If you want some practice defending vs. wide ranges OOP you could also try playing some HU with a friend or at lower stakes/low buy-in SNGs. There you will have to get used to flatting in the BB (esp. since so many min-raise SB) and will become more familiar with playing in this position.