This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] flopped trips in unraised pot

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      5 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $19.50
      CO: $18.10
      Button: $36.11
      SB: $8.50
      Hero: $43.55

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 7:spade: A:spade:
      UTG folds, CO calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 8:club: A:diamond: A:heart: ($0.6, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $0.4[/color], CO calls.

Turn: Q:club: ($1.4, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $1[/color], CO calls.

River: T:diamond: ($3.4, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $3[/color], [color:#cc0000]CO raises to $6[/color], Hero?

Is this a bad line? I didn't think that he'd put me on an ace since I bet out from the start, but I was pretty sure he had me beat with the min raise on the river... should i be folding there too?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you decide to bet/fold river, before betting the river, then you can do that.
      Problem here is that you're often splitting, since CO could easily hold A6-A2. SO I'd call his min-raise.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I don't see myself folding there, the odds are good.

But I wouldn't bet the river. IMO, against an unknown, check/call is better. It's highly unlikely he was on a draw and if he has a PP or an 8, it's difficult for him to call a pot size bet on the river. Therefore I'd check to induce a bluff, and call any reasonable bet.

Against aggressive players, I think check/call is better as well.

Against passive players, I think betting the river is the best option, although I believe you'd have to fold to any a raise (even a min-raise, but I'm not sure, it may be a close call).
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      i did call in this hand, and was beat. Anyways, I now see that it could be better to check/call.