NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($21.70)
      BB ($29.85)
      UTG ($23.33)
      UTG+1 ($30.06)
      CO ($14.18)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: Q:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2, fold, UTG+1 calls $1.60, fold, fold

FLOP ($5) 5:heart: Q:spade: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $1.20, UTG+1 raises to $3.05, Hero calls $1.85

TURN ($11.10) 5:heart: Q:spade: 3:diamond: K:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

RIVER ($11.10) 5:heart: Q:spade: 3:diamond: K:spade: A:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

UTG+1:
      54/22/8, raise cbet 43 (7), 49 hands

note:
      c/r 98xfd w AJ overcard vs 1/2 cbet, bet 8 turn 1/2, bet K 1/4 - HEAVY BLUFFER

I think I am getting more value from his bluffs, so I bet small and plan to call him donw. Because on this board he might not have hit too much.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Your squeeze size is too small, I think you need to make it larger than 5X against a min-raise, if not their odds will be too good.

Your flop play is mostly exploitative. It could be good vs this guy if you are very sure you are almost always going to induce a bluff. You need to compare this vs the EV of betting the Flop (does he float you with a wide range) or checking the Flop (does he bet a lot when checked to).

I think your line could potentially be the optimal one, given his tendency to raise cbets.

Thanks
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Your squeeze size is too small, I think you need to make it larger than 5X against a min-raise, if not their odds will be too good.

But I want to get calls from hands like Q6s or J6s. THe more I raise, the less calls get from weak hands, but get calls from Ax anyway, raise does not matter too much.
      Also if he calls with 76s its also good for me especailly if he has same suit as me. Even if he does not, he hits FD, I have TP lets say and I get value.

Also I keep pot smaller with not too strong hand by raising smaller.

Is that thinking bad?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Your points are certainly valid and i agree with 3betting smaller with weaker hands to keep his range wide. We want utg to call but at the same time we dont want multiway action.

I still think utg is gonna defend fairly wide but we wanna discourage others frm calling along.