Stack sizes:
      UTG: $9.51
      UTG+1: $11.92
      CO: $57.03
      Button: $9.27
      Hero: $28.28
      BB: $8.82

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 9:diamond: 9:heart:
      2 folds, [color:#cc0000]CO raises to $1[/color], Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 3:club: 9:club: K:diamond: ($3, 3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks.

Turn: Q:spade: ($3, 3 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $2[/color], BB folds, CO calls.

River: 8:club: ($7, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

On the flop I went for a check/raise, since CO is a regular and is very likely to continuation bet. On the turn bet out to try and built a pot, but on the river I got 'scared' of the flush and decided to play check/call, but I think I should have bet out. (I think the main reason that I didn't bet was because I had just been rivered twice by flushes and I had bet out both times and got min-raised... I know this shouldn't affect my play, but it did)
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      c/c is not that good play here. Better is bet/fold.
      I believe that co would contibet with any flushdraw or Kx on that board.
      So basically he has on the turn Qx, or some straight draw or if he is very passive then lower pp than QQ.
      He won't valuebet Q here (since you could easily hold K or flush), but he would probably call down with Qx. So not betting you loose value imo.
      And I would lead out in multiway pot with my set to go bet/shove or if he min-raises then bet/3-bet move. Board is drawy and you don't wanna give free cards+ you should build bigger pot with your set.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      thanks for the replies Kaitz,
      this is pretty much what I thought for the river, and I see that betting out is better on the flop as well.