Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 101.5 BB
      BTN: 77 BB
      SB: 62 BB
      Hero (BB): 162.5 BB
      UTG: 111 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

UTG raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 13 BB, UTG calls 9 BB

Flop: (26.5 BB, 2 players) 8:club: J:diamond: 8:diamond:
      Hero bets 15 BB, UTG raises to 43 BB, Hero calls 28 BB

Turn: (112.5 BB, 2 players) 2:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets 55 BB, Hero calls 55 BB

River: (222.5 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:

Hero shows A:club: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Eights) (Pre 92%, Flop 87%, Turn 95%)
      UTG shows J:heart: A:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Eights) (Pre 8%, Flop 13%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 208 BB
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Pantasrb,

Preflop: We can add 1-2 BB to our 3-bet vs UTG from the blinds. I'm assuming we have no info on villain.

Postflop: Considering the board texture and his larger raise we should just 3-bet and get it in on the flop.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Postflop: Considering the board texture and his larger raise we should just 3-bet and get it in on the flop.
      Why get it in on flop? If he has AJ, 8x, JJ, QQ,KK, he is not going to fold it anymore. And sometimes he would bluff because of 88, so we can play passive and let him bluff one more time.
      If he is on draw, anyway we are far ahead, and if turn misses he can still call push, or push himself. If turn hits draw, it is the same result as if you go all in flop and he calls.

So what I want to say, people bluff raise often in 3bet pots, and I would like to include bluffs in his range by playing passive. The only reason I see for push flop, is that sometimes the action killer card comes on turn, like in this case Q,K, and maybe he folds (but maybe).
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Why get it in on flop? If he has AJ, 8x, JJ, QQ,KK, he is not going to fold it anymore. And sometimes he would bluff because of 88, so we can play passive and let him bluff one more time.
      If he is on draw, anyway we are far ahead, and if turn misses he can still call push, or push himself. If turn hits draw, it is the same result as if you go all in flop and he calls.

So what I want to say, people bluff raise often in 3bet pots, and I would like to include bluffs in his range by playing passive. The only reason I see for push flop, is that sometimes the action killer card comes on turn, like in this case Q,K, and maybe he folds (but maybe).
      People bluff raise a lot in 3-bet pots at 2nl?

Anything that he raises there that connects will get the money in and since he is IP we have no guarantee that he will stick the money in on the turn. Sure we can get it in on the river but we don't want him checking his draw on turn and folding river.

If stacks were bigger and we can expect bluffs (in other words we have info on villain rather than unknown) then sure we can just call and call down.