[NL20-NL50] nl20 Hero Flop Fold, Deep with QQ. Standard?

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $38.16 (190.8 bb)
      CO: $20.61 (103.1 bb)
      BTN: $20 (100 bb)
      SB: $38.62 (193.1 bb)
      BB: $24.25 (121.3 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $42.05 (210.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q Q
      Hero raises to $0.60, MP calls $0.60, CO calls $0.60, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.10) 7 T 5 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, MP raises to $6.30, 2 folds

Results:
      $4.90 pot ($0.24 rake)
      Final Board: 7 T 5
      MP mucked and won $4.66 ($2.66 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.60 net)
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$2 net)

Ok, so this was played on the Anon Tables and, although my stats won't be accurate, I can tell you that villain seemed pretty TAGish, didn't seem to have too many moves in his arsenal and played pretty straight forward.

In this specific situation though, I had been raising a lot and, honestly, this was about the 3rd time I had got QQ in about the last 10-12 hands, it was ridiculous! So he could easily could have thought that I was getting out of line pre.

Anyhow, we get a pretty wet flop and I honestly thought about just check-evaluating but I thought that I needed to protect and didn't really want it checking around and letting people see some helpful turn cards. So I lead out a standard size and he raises massive! Now, I asked myself what could he be doing this with. It could easily be Ax :club: :club: , a combo-draw and obviously sets. On the other hand, this raise is so big that it looks like it could be a pissed-off 'this guy has been raising too much' bet. I really don't often see raises this big and when I do, to be honest, I'm always suspicious. We were both pretty deep and I really didn't feel comfortable and tank folded. He did raise it with a guy still to act, which is also obviously strong but the other guy was pretty fishy and I'm guessing if he a nutted hand he would want him to maybe come along?

Is my fold here ok and/or do I have a better option? Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Edit:

Board: 5:diamond: T:club: 7:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    61.88%  61.88%   0.00% { QsQc }
      MP3    38.12%  38.12%   0.00% { JJ-TT, 77, 55, AcKc, AcJc, KcJc, Ac9c, Jc9c, Ac8c, 9c8c, Ac6c, 8c6c, Ac4c, Ac3c, 4c3c, Ac2c, ATo, KTo, 98o }

Just did a quick Equilab and I'm pretty surprised by the results.... Maybe the range I've given him is not that great but I think it's ok and to find me such a massive favourite is pretty interesting unless I've done it wrong?
  • 2 replies