[NL2-NL10] KJo multi-way

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      BB is min-raising any time someone raises, and given this has forced everyone behind to call with their entire range I think there's a good chance to take the pot down with another bet if I miss on the river anyway, considering no one has shown any particular interest throughout the hand.

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $9.43 - VPIP: 61, PFR: 14, 3B: 16, AF: 2.5, Hands: 80
      UTG: $4.25 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 13, 3B: 6, AF: 5.0, Hands: 95
      Hero (CO): $12.12
      BTN: $5.45 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 6.0, Hands: 70
      SB: $11.24 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: 1.3, Hands: 66

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with K:heart: J:diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, SB calls $0.20

Flop: ($2.00) 3:diamond: T:spade: A:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.20, BTN folds, SB calls $1.20, BB calls $1.20

Turn: ($5.60) A:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.60) Q:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3.20, SB folds, BB folds

Final Pot: $5.60
      Hero wins $5.35
      (Rake: $0.25)
  • 6 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      C/f flop with fishes in and Ace out chance of making them fold is close to nil and our only out is q.

Obviously when we hit go for value but on paired ace it can even risky at,aq,a3 but they are shorties and bb is a big fish so you can go broke. Against sb you can consider letting it go.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: If he does min 3-bet often we should consider opening smaller preflop.

Postflop: As played, I would go with Dracsharps recommendation of checking back that flop. There's a lot of Ax hands in their ranges.

As played the river bet is fine.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

Postflop: As played, I would go with Dracsharps recommendation of checking back that flop. There's a lot of Ax hands in their ranges.

I guess I was thinking too much of my image maybe, I'd played really nitty on this table so I thought being the aggressor with an ace down might be a good idea, these guys were also getting involved quite a bit and I figured the most someone would have there by the turn is Tx or some underpair,
      but I agree c-betting the flop with 3 others involved usually isn't a profitable move.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Hi Sketchzr,

I guess I was thinking too much of my image maybe, I'd played really nitty on this table so I thought being the aggressor with an ace down might be a good idea, these guys were also getting involved quite a bit and I figured the most someone would have there by the turn is Tx or some underpair,
      but I agree c-betting the flop with 3 others involved usually isn't a profitable move.
      Our image doesn't really matter in a spot where people look at their cards first and foremost.

Do you think that they would fold an Ax to our cbet just because we were tight so far?
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Hi Sketchzr,

Our image doesn't really matter in a spot where people look at their cards first and foremost.

Do you think that they would fold an Ax to our cbet just because we were tight so far?
      No I mean I was thinking (at the time) was just as likely no-one had an ace (considering Kxs/Qxs/Jxs+some offsuited and 22-99) so I took a shot at it, was just a bad move tbh, I sometimes pick the wrong spots even when I know I shouldn't :f_confused:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

No I mean I was thinking (at the time) was just as likely no-one had an ace (considering Kxs/Qxs/Jxs+some offsuited and 22-99) so I took a shot at it, was just a bad move tbh, I sometimes pick the wrong spots even when I know I shouldn't :f_confused:
      Well, as long as you at least learn something from your mistakes you are on the right path.

Always try to look at overall ranges and Axx boards are usually overplayed (when bluffing).